Fordmods Logo

another clustered discusion... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: another clustered discusion...
Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

ok i have a few ques/ queries here. i have done some dash templates for my car (ef) i did the black background templates and the colour of the actual cluster background is white. looks great during the day, although at night when u turn the lights on the light disperses around the numbers too much and looks s**t. i have done tempaltes in grey, blue and red and it seems fine so i have come up with the conclusion that this is happeneing because of the white background. has anyone else had this problem??? its giving me the s**t i like white but i think im going to be forced to change because of this problem.

another question is, i have orange el needles in my cluster and im going to put blue leds in (i know its been happening since for ever on here!) but i want to ask will the needles light up if they are orange? i also have done the text in orange too how will that light up with the blue?? any piks??? im hoping to keep the orange as it looks good with the trip comp and odo all nice and uniform~

thanks in advance guys i hope this hasnt been covered before and am not waisting valuable time (couldnt find anything in the search) :)

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL

SA, Australia

Unfortunately the orange needles do not react well at all with the blue light. They will be a very dull greeny colour. best bet is to use blue filter and white leds. I am in the process of a similar project on my EL. Maintaining the orange needles, but using white leds. Not using any filters but the white leds actually omit a bluey white light through the cluster.
Once done, i will post pics.

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

Just bought a cluster off of ebay for the au, and rather then putting in blue led's I think I will just put in a white background blue text filter instead off of ebay as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... mot_widget try this, I prefer the look of the filter, keeps the needles orange and the red part of the cluster red :)

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EF Falcon

VIC, Australia

Show us some pics of your custom dials mate!

-------- Falcs --------
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

i cant post piks it wont allow me for some reason, give me your email and i will show u, ive done about 9 different concepts lol... i have used the filter, with orange and blue text but i cant get it to light up right, the orange it great (not against the white) but the blue comes up terrible, i ordered some blue leds off line and ill throw them in and see what happens, if it looks crap then ill change the the cluster colours again and throw inthe white needles :(

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]