Fordmods Logo

are these hard to fit? 

Page 3 of 5 [ 61 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: are these hard to fit?
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:46 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

QLD, Australia

teeroy wrote:
Futuraclassic wrote:
teeroy wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10pcs-Car-Vehicle-Dashboard-License-Sid-e-T5-Blue-1-5050-SMD-LED-Car-Bulbs-New-/230696612210?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b696f172
just bought some, 10 for 4 bucks, can't complain if they're crap.
i'll fit them and get a pic up if they're decent, in about a months time, lol. damn china post.

they will do the job but like i said, 4 days post or a month? If they even arrive! lol. china post is ridiculous lol

lol yeah, nah so far they've been good to me surprisingly, even with faults, i've had an exchange and refund on a couple t10's just because i told him one didn't work, whatta top bloke, lol.
i'm not in a rush so it's not the end of the world, uk is just as bad too with the post as well.
and if it never comes, they cop bad feedback and i lose out on a bottle of cokes worth of $$.
futuraclassic, can you hook me up with some ba9s dome lights for my el?

ba9s are the only ones i wont touch, i got some in but the quality were crap so sent em back. i pride my business on not selling crap stuff.

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:47 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
Futuraclassic wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:
wat colour looks best on a el cluster?

has it got orange needles? i love the purple it look sick with orange needles but red looks great too. Everyone does blue so i keep away from it cos i dont want what everyone else has. if you have clear needles id go the green as it look a bit brighter then the other colours.

orange needles can i get a price?

pm me mate and we will talk there. i will do you a good deal on them.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Well I thought I'd take a photo of how mine looks at the moment with the LED SMD ones I got. They light up much better than the stock ones but most likely not as bright as some other ones I have seen, but I prefer it like that.

Can't remember if this setting is at full brightness or normal (car battery died and lighting settings set back to stock, so not sure if I set it to highest or left it as stock brightness...the dimmer switch broke so I can't change the dimmer setting without pulling the thing apart. Too much effort for just a few photos).

This picture is in normal mode.

This picture is with night mode on, so it looks brighter...sorry about the blurry image, hard to hold the camera steady while it does it takes a slow a*** photo (very old digital camera).

Definitely brighter than stock.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

By the way, I have had no issues buying anything from the UK or Asian countries. As a matter of fact, I received many UK items before items sent from another state. China is a hit/miss situation, but most of the time the get here within 2 weeks. Only once I had to wait a month for an item from Asia and it wasn't even the fault of the seller, it was the Postie who didn't leave me a note to tell me the item had arrived until 2 weeks later when the sent me the final warning or else it gets sent back...idiots I say.

In saying the above, the UK items are usually shipped via TNT rather than UK post/Aust post services.

EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
By the way, I have had no issues buying anything from the UK or Asian countries. As a matter of fact, I received many UK items before items sent from another state. China is a hit/miss situation, but most of the time the get here within 2 weeks. Only once I had to wait a month for an item from Asia and it wasn't even the fault of the seller, it was the Postie who didn't leave me a note to tell me the item had arrived until 2 weeks later when the sent me the final warning or else it gets sent back...idiots I say.

In saying the above, the UK items are usually shipped via TNT rather than UK post/Aust post services.

yeah at first i had a good run, 90% of my purchases being from china, like you said, within two weeks, but lately i've waited just under a month, and that was from uk and china at the same time, so i'm guessing aus post had something to do with that, all my items are small parcel size, if not just envelopes so just gets dropped in the letter box.
yeah theres lazy posties in our area, one fat bastardo won't leave mail if my car is parked in my gfs driveway, even with more than enough room to get around, just because of a couple words said between him and her dad about driving over fresh soil years ago, lol.

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

teeroy wrote:
phongus wrote:

yeah at first i had a good run, 90% of my purchases being from china, like you said, within two weeks, but lately i've waited just under a month, and that was from uk and china at the same time, so i'm guessing aus post had something to do with that, all my items are small parcel size, if not just envelopes so just gets dropped in the letter box.

yeh i chased one up the road cos i saw him drop a red slip in box without comming to the door first. i let him have it aye. lol

i never have stuff from my supplier come late or go missing. we are freinds and he lives in taiwan but we chat on fb and update eachother with business stuff etc. all my globes are here within 10 days and sent out as soon as someone pays for them.
yeah theres lazy posties in our area, one fat bastardo won't leave mail if my car is parked in my gfs driveway, even with more than enough room to get around, just because of a couple words said between him and her dad about driving over fresh soil years ago, lol.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

yeh i chased one up the road cos i saw him drop a red slip in box without comming to the door first. i let him have it aye. lol

i never have stuff from my supplier come late or go missing. we are freinds and he lives in taiwan but we chat on fb and update eachother with business stuff etc. all my globes are here within 10 days and sent out as soon as someone pays for them.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
Well I thought I'd take a photo of how mine looks at the moment with the LED SMD ones I got. They light up much better than the stock ones but most likely not as bright as some other ones I have seen, but I prefer it like that.

Can't remember if this setting is at full brightness or normal (car battery died and lighting settings set back to stock, so not sure if I set it to highest or left it as stock brightness...the dimmer switch broke so I can't change the dimmer setting without pulling the thing apart. Too much effort for just a few photos).

This picture is with night mode on, so it looks brighter...sorry about the blurry image, hard to hold the camera steady while it does it takes a slow a*** photo (very old digital camera).

I thought that was my dash for a second. almost identicle! mine are actually smd leds from futuraclassic though.
They are alot brighter than the originals. good quality too!

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Trust me TheELghia...you don't want my cluster when the accessories are on. I much prefer your 180k km odometer display to my "close-to-300k km" odometer. Swap?

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:

wats night mode

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
wats night mode

As in camera mode...night and normal so that the photo comes out better at night. Not the actual mode one can choose in the car.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
Trust me TheELghia...you don't want my cluster when the accessories are on. I much prefer your 180k km odometer display to my "close-to-300k km" odometer. Swap?

Hahaha! can't say i wanted it, just quietly...
Yea true!! i much prefer my dads xe with 30K odo..
but yea, just sweep it under the carpet with diagnostic mode ;)

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey phongus and theelghia did either of u take the orange of the nedles or replace them with ef ones?

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

hey fordnut, what do you want to know? i have done it a few times mate

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Futuraclassic wrote:
hey fordnut, what do you want to know? i have done it a few times mate

hey mate i should have the ones i ordred from you tommorow with a bit of luck i wanted to know if i need to remove the orange from the el cluster needles for the blue to show up best

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next