Fordmods Logo

au 1 locking issue 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: au 1 locking issue
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hey guys, i have recently purchased an au1 ute and im having a few issues with the locking. When I unlock the car and the close the door the doors almost always lock them self, sometimes it not for a minute or 2 but it normally happens every time i get in. any ideas????
Thanks

Post subject: Re: au 1 locking issue
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sounds like it could be the drivers door lock and actuator are worn.
A new one will cost you $155.00 BAF F21812 A, patch harness BAF 14A584 AMC $12.95 and a new lock rod, AU3 F22134 A $3.90.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

AU1 Would be smart lock, not smart shield yes? You have a black remote with black buttons?

I'd be going to a wrecker and picking one out yourself... Or ebay... I'm sure they'd be the same as the EA-EL ones... They're a dime a dozen and worth squat... Not common to play up... If it is indeed the actuator...

Could always be a bent door rod or something out of adjustment too I guess... :?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the replys will get a new one and give it a shot, it does have a black remote with one button, but it is an aug99 build so I think it's a bit of an odd ball of a car. I have been looking for a new remote but most of the eBay ads say they only suit up to jun99 cars? So I don't know what the go is.

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

There is two styles of immobilisation...

Smartlock which on a Sedan is a black remote with two buttons and a Ute the same remote minus the trunk button... It started on the EBII and finished on the AUI

Smartshield was the start of the chip in the key... It began on the AUII and went to the BA or BF... I know the FG has a different remote, unsure if it is a different system or not... These remotes were black... Separate grey lock and unlock buttons... Red alarm button and blue trunk button I think?

If it is a black remote... It is Smartlock... Any black remote without the trunk button will work for you... Irrespective of what they say...

What sound do the locks make when the motor locks them? Is it the painful sounding droning motor noise... Or just the quick pop like the modern cars make?

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

The locks make there normal sound, but some times they just lock then unlock and lock again. Is my key a chipped one? I enquired about getting a new one at a mr Minit store and he said it was chipped? Can I buys blank off eBay and get it cut? Sorry about all the questions!!

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

i've been told regardless of smartlock or shield the aui still has the later style locking actuator as per george's post... If it is passenger door it is a swap... But if it is the master lock (drivers door) there is wiring which needs changing at the body module...

Take a pic of the plastic on your key... Just the black part... Soon tell you... But i don't think it'll have a chip... Just an EBII to EL tibbe key... Smartshield was the coded key... Smartlock was the coded barrel... Buy the blank wherever... Gotta be careful with some locksmiths... They know the norms... But some models haad quirks and they deal with many they miss these sometimes...

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

hey fellas, found the problem! the connector down by the drivers r/h foot has come loose, plugged back in and secured the clip and is all good. was also the source of my fuel pump issues as posted earlier today. thanks for all of your help.
Stubbsy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]