Fordmods Logo

*AU AirCon and SmartShield Issue* 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: *AU AirCon and SmartShield Issue*
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hi Guys, I know this website is mainly E-Series based and im asking about an AU but im sure someone can help...

It all started yesterday , I noticed the SmartShield light on the dash was very dimly lit up and fading in and out (like a bad connection) as i was driving (it should not be on at all when diving). I then went to turn on the AC and the compressor doesnt engage therefore no A/C.....

Ive checked all fuses and relays and all is fine there.

Its an AUII with 80K - Does anyone think these problems are connected? And most of all What is the problem?!?!!??!!?

THanks for the help guys :D

James

Post subject: Re: *AU AirCon and SmartShield Issue*
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

cArSiK wrote:
Hi Guys, I know this website is mainly E-Series based and im asking about an AU but im sure someone can help...

It all started yesterday , I noticed the SmartShield light on the dash was very dimly lit up and fading in and out (like a bad connection) as i was driving (it should not be on at all when diving). I then went to turn on the AC and the compressor doesnt engage therefore no A/C.....

Ive checked all fuses and relays and all is fine there.

Its an AUII with 80K - Does anyone think these problems are connected? And most of all What is the problem?!?!!??!!?

THanks for the help guys :D my au 1 sometimes has the park brake on dimmly sometimes gets fairly bright but doesnt seem to be doing anything seems worse on wet days also sometimes the central locking plays up only when the light has been on im thinking im getting water in somewhere and its getting on the body control module as for the a/c ive noticed mine kicks in and out even when on full cold ive had it checked and they say its fine but i must admit its not 1/2 as cold as my eb,s i think the electrics might have been a bit of a weak spot in the au,s

James

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

it could be, but proberly not dont know the systems all to much. but check basics with ur a/c eg gas, then switches and go on from there to ecu's.
maybe get faults read out

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

fordgt290 wrote:
it could be, but proberly not dont know the systems all to much. but check basics with ur a/c eg gas, then switches and go on from there to ecu's.
maybe get faults read out
i took it to ford when it was playing up and it came up with no fault codes frustrating but touch wood it hasnt done it for a few months lol might have fixed itself

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]