Fordmods Logo

Au dash conversion 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Au dash conversion
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Hey guys i got an au1 xr8 ute and i wanna put a fairmont ghia/fairlane dash in.

Can someone tell me what involved in doing this i know that i have to change the heater box and loom but what else is involved and is there much mucking around with the loom.

Post subject: Re: Au dash conversion
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

I had a series 1 au and swapped its dash for a series 3 fairmont dash, all I had to do was swap the looms, but that was before I found this site and found out that you have to retain the BCM with the car its from so I probably didnt even need to do that. Other than that, no probs, even had the plug in my S1 loom for the pass side airbag. Didnt have to do anything with the heater box except plug it up, but neither car had the fancy climate control air con either.

Post subject: Re: Au dash conversion
Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

dazza027 wrote:
I had a series 1 au and swapped its dash for a series 3 fairmont dash, all I had to do was swap the looms, but that was before I found this site and found out that you have to retain the BCM with the car its from so I probably didnt even need to do that. Other than that, no probs, even had the plug in my S1 loom for the pass side airbag. Didnt have to do anything with the heater box except plug it up, but neither car had the fancy climate control air con either.

So all the speedo and that worked as it should and the heater knobs and aircon switch worked ok.
I wanna put a ltd fairlane dash in mine thats why i'm asking bout the heater box cause of the climate control.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]