Fordmods Logo

au needles on el dash 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: au needles on el dash
Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 385

Joined: 4th Nov 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL GLi

Location: Around The Place
NSW, Australia

if i got a au series 2/3 dash would the needles fit my el xr dash i know the diffrent weights may throw them out though
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

StevenBruzz wrote:
if i got a au series 2/3 dash would the needles fit my el xr dash i know the diffrent weights may throw them out though


Nope, the shaft size on the AU is much larger than the E Series.

Tried this myself.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 79

Posts: 179

Joined: 11th Sep 2010

Location: Mount Martha
VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
StevenBruzz wrote:
if i got a au series 2/3 dash would the needles fit my el xr dash i know the diffrent weights may throw them out though


Nope, the shaft size on the AU is much larger than the E Series.

Tried this myself.

Cheers
BenJ


I bought a BA cluster to fit the needles to my EF cluster. I haven't tried yet, i'm guessing they won't fit though, lol

 

_________________

she dream't she was a bulldozer, she dream't she was alone in a field

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 385

Joined: 4th Nov 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL GLi

Location: Around The Place
NSW, Australia

i might look into sourcing out some n get a bulk buy if people are interested
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 143

Joined: 8th Sep 2010

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Ive done a bit of the homework for you guys here . I was looking at doing this about a year ago . Go to this website
http://cxjinhui.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... ision.html
They are one of the only companies i could find that manufacture speedo needles but the minimum

buy is 1000 and at 5 different size needles to suit thats 200 sets .
They do them in red ,white , yellow and blue in some cases.
Here is a pic of the ones i was looking at.

 

 

Attachments:
speedo needle.JPG
speedo needle.JPG [ 10.67 KiB | Viewed 1348 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 385

Joined: 4th Nov 2011

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL GLi

Location: Around The Place
NSW, Australia

my671fordv8 wrote:
Ive done a bit of the homework for you guys here . I was looking at doing this about a year ago . Go to this website
http://cxjinhui.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... ision.html
They are one of the only companies i could find that manufacture speedo needles but the minimum

buy is 1000 and at 5 different size needles to suit thats 200 sets .
They do them in red ,white , yellow and blue in some cases.
Here is a pic of the ones i was looking at.



thats what i was actually thinkn of yur idea

do they do the needle size for spedo/tacho and the volt/oil/fuel/temp gauge if we can get them in a set in keen
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 143

Joined: 8th Sep 2010

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

StevenBruzz wrote:
my671fordv8 wrote:
Ive done a bit of the homework for you guys here . I was looking at doing this about a year ago . Go to this website
http://cxjinhui.en.alibaba.com/product/ ... ision.html
They are one of the only companies i could find that manufacture speedo needles but the minimum

buy is 1000 and at 5 different size needles to suit thats 200 sets .
They do them in red ,white , yellow and blue in some cases.
Here is a pic of the ones i was looking at.



thats what i was actually thinkn of yur idea

do they do the needle size for spedo/tacho and the volt/oil/fuel/temp gauge if we can get them in a set in keen


These are the sizes i was looking at .Daniel dan was pretty helpful from the website . just give him the dimensions of the needles you are after and make sure you get the size for the pin. Here are the sizes i gave him you will notice i have 1x and 2x to get 2 of a particular size and i stuffed up the pin dimension by having 2 13 and 2 15 pin size

 

 

Attachments:
guage needle dmensions 2.JPG
guage needle dmensions 2.JPG [ 55.12 KiB | Viewed 56 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: au needles on el dash
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 5

Joined: 5th Sep 2011

Ride: 2002 AUII XR6

Location: Orange
NSW, Australia

Hi guys what if hypothetically i wanted to put white instrument cluster needles from an EF or EL falcons into my series 3 AU xr6 falcon would it be possible to do so
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:51 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names