Fordmods Logo

BA dash in E-series? 

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

VIC, Australia

just a thought arn't the ba's much wider than the e series all the million dollar motec gear won't help you fit it if the ba dash is 4" wider. measure twice before you spend any cash.

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XP

QLD, Australia

CanBus is quite complicated, but nothing is impossible.

Here is a link for those interested in the guts of canbus.

http://www.embedded.com/showArticle.jht ... D=13000304

I use canbus for lighting control, I work on complex control systems.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the BA cluster and ECU, BCM etc?

My side project is a BA XR8 and auto in an XP ute. Physically fits, now to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the brain and get it to run with the factory ECU!

Cheers,
Hicks,
65 XP Ute 5.4

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:

if i were stuck with a BA XT i would go mental with the stock sound system, but it is to difficult to change!! :?

really it isn't. You just need to run another head unit.

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

NSW, Australia

all im gunna do for my sound sytem (when i could be bothered) is get an extremely good quality line out converter, chuck it in the bak of the factory deck, run out sum cable+rca's to hook up my fully sik sub, and then instal 5x8's in the rear and my old pioneer splits, (splits are the 300 watt ones) its going to be fully sick! and i may even buy a chep 4 channel amp from super cheap just to power my splits+5x8's cuz the options in the factory H/U, like bass, treble etc etc are s**t!

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:57 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

NFGhia wrote:
falconea wrote:
Yes I agree, This site inspires you to do things to your Falcon you never thought of when you bought it.
:P

I stumbled across this site while looking for after market ECU's and now after going through the posts on this site and the mods some of you guys are doing, I've got all kinds of crazy thoughts going through my head. :P The post on my MS install will give you an idea of what I've gotten myself into. :shock:

And I just can't resist to ad 'Waggin' that the upcoming UltraMegaSquirt also uses the CAN buss if your a crazed DIY'er. :lol:
and yes i agree, i am completely and utterly addicted to this site, i love reading up about cool sh*t people do to their cars, and then it runs crazy a** thoughts through mine....like i never even imagine a supercharger...but now....i think i contracted the power bug off sum1 here???

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
Okay, there is no denying it, the BA is a sweet car. and if i were offered one i would know it back.

wow, my typing with this new keyboard is really s**t!! :lol: What i meant to say was i wouldnt knock one back.

goodness knows how i got that i would know one back? :shock:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

dalesf150 wrote:
just a thought arn't the ba's much wider than the e series all the million dollar motec gear won't help you fit it if the ba dash is 4" wider. measure twice before you spend any cash.

I got street machine hot rod annual 2004 here and a guy fit a Mitsu Magna dash seats and aircon into a 1954 customline!!! If that doesn't prove the dash thing is possible i dont know what will. If it was too big then you could cut the sides and have it retrimmed but if it was too small??? Maybe add bits on? I've been thinking about buying a smashed XR6T and fitting all the good bits to an EL, but they're not too easy to come by esp. without having all the local wreckers eyeing you of at the auction and giving you death stares.

KANYE, IS YOU SNORIN IN MY CLASS??? WAKE UP MR WEST...

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

oh its possible but there is a lot of work involved but i would imagine u would have to run the ba BEM and ECU somehow u would have to bypass a lot of the ecu stuff to an aftermarket computer that would run most of the engine, for the money that it would cost buy a BA

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

HIXXX wrote:
My side project is a BA XR8 and auto in an XP ute. Physically fits, now to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the brain and get it to run with the factory ECU!

no s**t??? wow I like that, love the old XP's. Have you done anything so far?

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

kdford wrote:
dalesf150 wrote:

I got street machine hot rod annual 2004 here and a guy fit a Mitsu Magna dash seats and aircon into a 1954 customline!!! If that doesn't prove the dash thing is possible i dont know what will. If it was too big then you could cut the sides and have it retrimmed but if it was too small??? Maybe add bits on? I've been thinking about buying a smashed XR6T and fitting all the good bits to an EL, but they're not too easy to come by esp. without having all the local wreckers eyeing you of at the auction and giving you death stares.

He did the roof and everything else too!! That was an excellent car hey

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR8

Power: 238 rwkw

WA, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
all im gunna do for my sound sytem (when i could be bothered) is get an extremely good quality line out converter, chuck it in the bak of the factory deck, run out sum cable+rca's to hook up my fully sik sub, and then instal 5x8's in the rear and my old pioneer splits, (splits are the 300 watt ones) its going to be fully sick! and i may even buy a chep 4 channel amp from super cheap just to power my splits+5x8's cuz the options in the factory H/U, like bass, treble etc etc are s**t!

Im running Fatory premium sound in mine with 6 speakers (yes in a ute) hooked a line converter to one of the rear speakers, now hooked up to a 600w mono block amp and sub, have adjusted the front splits so u still get the clarity whilst still having the thumping bass behind u

03 XR8 ute.... 251.5rwkw and counting

Post subject: trip computer giving me the sh*#s
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

MY TRIP COMPUTER IN MY EF XR6 WAS PLAYING UP, FOUND A WIRE FROM THE DASH WAS DISCONNECTED, FIXED THAT DATA TRANSFERLINE AND NOW THE INST L/100 AND AVE KM'S DNT WORK, ANY IDEAS? I NOTICED NEAR THE TRIP COMPUTER PLUG THERES A GREEN AND YELLOW WIRE, DOES NE 1 KNOW WHERE THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE CONNECTED 2?

K & N filter
Pacemaker Extractors
Ford Flash tuner
Typhoon air induction
175 rwkw (not enuf)

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:48 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

I hope you have alot of time on your hands. Why dont u just btry and get and xr cluster or something.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

I will bow down and praise you if you get the dash in.

Doin it for Scotty.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

Jim Beam wrote:
I will bow down and praise you if you get the dash in.

as will I

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next