BA interior upgrades 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA interior upgrades
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:21 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Ef fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Hey guys and girls, has been a while since I've been on, have got a ba falcon now, got ba xr front seats, but am about to install fg xr6 seats in front, and hopefully if measurements allow, rear seats too. But am thinking of changing icc and/or centre console over too (got nearly every interior part from a stat write off). Does anyone know if it's possible to fit these? If so, what would need to be changed? Obviously rewiring icc.

EFII Fairmont (XH00NR) - K & N apollo enclosed pod filter, Megasquirt 2 Ecu controlling fuel, 350 cc injectors flowed out 420cc, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, J3 chip with custom transmittion map, BA XR6 front seats. Turbo setup in the works.
EF Fairmont Turbo

Post subject: Re: BA interior upgrades
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Ctchme wrote:
Hey guys and girls, has been a while since I've been on, have got a ba falcon now, got ba xr front seats, but am about to install fg xr6 seats in front, and hopefully if measurements allow, rear seats too. But am thinking of changing icc and/or centre console over too (got nearly every interior part from a stat write off). Does anyone know if it's possible to fit these? If so, what would need to be changed? Obviously rewiring icc.

If you are asking if the FG dash and console will fit.. i've seen a thead where the entirity of an FG XR6T was put into a BA.. so yes it's doable but it isn't easy.. you'll have to replace pretty much the whole cars wiring system, alternator, ABS, some plugs, heater box and everything... Can be done, but damn its a lot of work by the time you are finished the only part of the car that is still BA is the shell. The bus system in the FG is significantly more complex than the one in the BA... meaning you'd have to use the entire FG wiring/PCM/ICC/Cluster

The FG seats are no issue. in fact the back one goes straigth in (I know as I have them in my car).

You can put a BA or BF color ICC and dual zone fairmont air con in a BA.. I have done this myself.. and soon I'll hopefully have converted my car entirely to BF Ghia electrically. (DSC is one of my reasons)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]