I've got some prices:

Luxury ICC with colour screen and stacker - $4300

BEM/H - $400
Airmix Actuatur Shafts (2 x in kit) - $50
Drivers Airmix Actuator - $270
Drivers Airmix Actuator Subharness - $45
Passenger Mirror with Sensor - $450
Sunload/Twilight Sensor - $60

...which pretty much takes it out of the ballpark for new bits, but gives us a good idea on what wrecker bits are worth.

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson,
i gather you have factory manuals

if not pm me

Nicko

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Yep, sure do.

Lukeyson

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey, I've fallen back into this one again, after a long time thinking it was out of my price range.

FTG Auto Salvage will sell all the bits for $1750 - however they have indicated that this also includes a whole Dash Harness. If I have to pull the whole Dash out just to swap a harness that's enough for me to drop it again. But factor in me selling off a Premium Audio ICC with 6 Disc Stacker, and a BEM/L, and I reckon I could make half that money back, or therebouts, and it now sounds moderately attractive.

So I started hunting around. I ripped my LHS door trim off to have a look, hoping I could find the 5-pin C-377 connector in the door that would let me hookup a LHS mirror with the Ambient Air Sensor. Alas, all I could find was the 3-pin C-96. Since my doos have the 'window button lights' which is a 'high series' loom inclusion, I was optimistic about having the hi-series door loom. Bugger.

So it looks like the LHS door harness 14631 has to be replaced. This is of course separate to the Dash Harness 14K024, so next to check there.

I popped off the upper console 'triangle' section but couldn't find a clock plug.

Then I popped off the blank panel where the sunload sensor should go (between the two windscreen demist vents) and it too looked empty.

The wiring diagram on Workshop Manual page 417-02-00-3 indicates that the Sunload Sensor takes it's power from the same line as the Footwell lamps - which I have - so I had some reason to be optimistic with the dash loom as well.

But now it's not looking very good at all.

I wonder how many different Dash Looms Ford makes for these things? The workshop manual is not clear at all on the looms.

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi Lukey,
speaking to someone else that was attempting this and they bought the ambient temp sensor of a territory and fitted it to there current mirror, ran the two wire across the dash.
They were saying that if you have premium sound most of the wiring is already there, however i am not sure at all on that to be honest.
I know you need to cut a hvac rod to make it shorter - but to be honest i think you will have more luck in buying a complete conversion with heater box etc

Nicko

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well that's a thought. However, since I pulled the LHS door-trim off, I found that large solid-foam gap filler down the bottom left, and figured that was where the courtesy lights would go. I'm half thinking that if I get the loom I'll be able to get some courtesy lights in the doors as well. The missus' SX Ghia has them down there.

I'm hoping to spend some time pulling the dash apart some more. I still haven't lost hope that the clock/sun load loom is actually there thanks to the Premium upgrade. I'm figuring I'll either pull the Instrument CLuster out and look up behind there, or take a crack at the troublesome ICC removal.

I wish now that I'd just forked out for the auto-lights-off feature and I'd have the loom, a BEM/H, a sunload sensor, and the ACC upgrade would have been a WHOLE lot easier.

I've also spent some time inspecting the 14405 loom too - the main loom that runs down the RHS of the car. I was hoping the extra connectors would be there under the seat so I could fit a 6-way memory seat base onto my existing seats.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

dont be scared of a dash out job, its a 40 min job to take the dash out when uve done one or 2, nothing like E series cars

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

RHS Main Loom doesn't have the connectors near the seat. So a 6-way memory seat upgrade would require a RHS main loom replacement.

Bugger.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Actually, I had to replace my HVAC blower today, and noted where the main loom went through.

I also pulled out the Instrument Cluster and noted the loom behind that, and also pulled out the ICC to take a quick look there too.

Suffice to say, the Loom DOES need to be replaced, but it doesn't look as bad as i first though - the loom is not tacked onto the firwall but does in fact run through the front of the dash just behind the instruments - so it doesn't look as bad as I first though, you're right.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

memory seat upgrade is a big job!
The seat bases are worth a mint - It involves a loom change, BEM, all the handshakes via WDS or PDS, high series cluster, icc etc

Nicko

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK

But with my curiosity piqued I can't help but keep investigating - you know me.

The reason the seat base may be expensive is that it has the smarts in it in the form of a Memory Module (aka the Memory Seat Controller or MSC). This controller not only remembers the seat position, but also the Pedal Box location, and on some models the Mirror Dip function - which is why there are so many plugs under the drivers seat.

And THAT has got me curious.

As you're aware, I'm looking at the BEM/H upgrade and Dash Loom anyway for Auto Climate Control. And yes, the BEM/H is needed as the BEM'L doesn't have the pins. While I can see the DTC's that are set of the Memory Seat option is not fitted, I haven't yet found the WDS codes to turn this on or off in the BEM.

The BEM communicates to the Memory Module on BEM pins J2/22 and J2/23 on lines 268 and 267 to Memory Module pins 12 and 10. My guess is the only data transmitted is regards the key fobs - the first 2 of which can be used to recall positions.

I am quite curious about the Rear Vision Mirror dip recall function, that requires the Mirror Control Module and a connection to the Reverse Lamp Switch in the harness.

The question is going to be which models, and which Memory Modules can do the Mirror Memory Dip and/or if there is a high-level Mirror Controller required to trigger mirror dip.

I manully dip my mirrors at work all the time to reverse into parking spots, and will often use it to reverse park to avoid the gutter.

I'm going to ask around a bit more about this feature.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah its a feature id liek to have also

They deleted the memory seats from teh range late last year as they were too costly and i believe had a few minor issues

Nicko

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I started another thread, and answered some of my own question by looking at the Ford site to see the specifications and options.

Looks like getting the Loom and Seat Base from a Fairmont Ghia is the way to go. There may also be some need to get the Mirrors and Mirror Controller off them as well, but that depends on whether the part numbers match up. I'm asking around on that topic.

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've put the pricing request out to FTG for the bits even if they don't have any at the moment. We'll see what pricing they come back with.

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Luke,
having a look thru a Ford ISG (training document) for the g220 etc.
It appears you will need to buy the seat base as this has teh memory module on it, and button sfor reverse dip and stores the position of the mirrors and the seat.
So you will need to put memory seat in your vehicle for it to work.
Expect to pay Drug Money for a seat base as they are worth a couple of grand from ford!
Also - you may need to install adjustable pedals as these are standard on all vehicles fitted with memory seat.
Its definantly doable but it will require you to basically rip the whole car apart and install a fairmont ghia interior loom, and all the appropriate hardware and then a complete re initialisation by the WDS at your local dealership

Also with the CC conversion - the him i steh same but will need to be programmed by ford and set to ACC rather than MCC (auto or manual climate control)

Nicko

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 17  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next