Fordmods Logo

BA - MCC to ACC Conversion 

Page 6 of 17 [ 246 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Latest update:

ICC Upgrade order has been placed with FTG, and the kit has arrived today. On unpacking I noticed that I didn't get a Multifunction Switch for the AUTO lights on bit, but a quick call and they are forwarding that bit.

My next step will be to photo-journal all the bits and plonk that up here.

Once that's done I plan to spend some time comparing some of the Dash Loom connectors.

As mention above I have a Black BEM which means I have an alarm. I'll have to see firstly where the Alarm is hooked to the BEM by means of the removable pins on J1 and J2, but the Ignition and Power lines are manually spliced in behind the fuse box which I'll have to find (and do again).

Let the games begin....

Lukeyson

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Latest update:

ICC Upgrade order has been placed with FTG, and the kit has arrived today. On unpacking I noticed that I didn't get a Multifunction Switch for the AUTO lights on bit, but a quick call and they are forwarding that bit.

My next step will be to photo-journal all the bits and plonk that up here.

Once that's done I plan to spend some time comparing some of the Dash Loom connectors.

As mention above I have a Black BEM which means I have an alarm. I'll have to see firstly where the Alarm is hooked to the BEM by means of the removable pins on J1 and J2, but the Ignition and Power lines are manually spliced in behind the fuse box which I'll have to find (and do again).

Let the games begin....

Lukeyson

have fun Lukey
I gota price on a VCM today - just waiting to confrim as it seems a tad expensive!

Nicko

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Probably includes a 2-year subscription as well.

They are going for USD 2k to 2.5k with subscriptions.

When I get stuff done on my car to turn on the Dual-Zone I'll capture messages where I can from their IDS/PDS. (Parameter Reset, CTS reteach, HIM change from MCC to ACC etc)

Since I'll be retaining my instrument cluster, I'll be keeping the Trip Computer in the cluster, and gaining another one on the ICC display. I was figuring I could convert the Cluster display to police mode, and still retain all my other settings on the ICC display.

I'd read in one of the FF threads that Police Mode - which gives a live LCD readout of speed - takes away some of the other displays (Not sure which ones, but it's one of the range or avg speed or avg/live consumption readouts that I use from time to time). So it might be fun to have my police-mode cake and eat my range/avg data too!

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Probably includes a 2-year subscription as well.

They are going for USD 2k to 2.5k with subscriptions.

When I get stuff done on my car to turn on the Dual-Zone I'll capture messages where I can from their IDS/PDS. (Parameter Reset, CTS reteach, HIM change from MCC to ACC etc)

Since I'll be retaining my instrument cluster, I'll be keeping the Trip Computer in the cluster, and gaining another one on the ICC display. I was figuring I could convert the Cluster display to police mode, and still retain all my other settings on the ICC display.

I'd read in one of the FF threads that Police Mode - which gives a live LCD readout of speed - takes away some of the other displays (Not sure which ones, but it's one of the range or avg speed or avg/live consumption readouts that I use from time to time). So it might be fun to have my police-mode cake and eat my range/avg data too!

Lukeyson

Yeah so your keeping the low series cluster are you?
Let me know if you want high series - as i have brand new high series fpv and xr clusters here

The high series cluster ha stwo screens, one has teh outline of teh car and tells you what doors are open and odometer etc, the other says what gear your in.
Wonder how you will go with the brightness on the cluster as if your converting to dul zone the high series cluster has brightness control on it up and down, where low only has the one button

Interested to see your results

Nicko

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes, that was the intention.

The Cluster sends the brightness in the same CAN message whether you've got a high or low cluster. I've checked it between my Low Series and the missus' SX. The difference in the operation is as follows:

(1) High Series: Press one of the two buttons, and the brightness depends on the duration. You can, if you're quick, set it to one of 255 levels. (It's a single-byte 2-hex char value)

(2) Low Series: When you press the only button, it rotates between one of 4 brightness settings.

To be honest, (2) is all I'd ever want.

I have a Manual so wouldn't be able to take advantage of the PRND display. In fact, the low series look to have the same PRND by the look of it, but it's off to the left (in the shadows - sorry, Toy Story 2 is geting played over and over to 2yo...)

The only other thing is the low washer-left jewel in the bottom right corner of the LH LCD display on High Series clusters only. This requires a High Series BEM as there's a line from the BEM, via the Dash Harness, through the Engine Bay LHS Harness, to a washer level sensor on the washer bottle. I haven't checked if I've got a sensor on mine but I suspect not. But the line should be on all harnesses as there doesn't appear to be a part number that says 'with washer level sensor'..

To be honest, I would rather have the 2 x trip meters. Today, on my drive from Newey to Sydney, I was keen to see my avg consumption and either range or real-time econ at the same time. This is the first long drive since I've done the CAPA flash.

I guess if I ever get a CarPC off the ground I'll be able to show the Washer Level and everything from the trip meter at once since I can just pluck those messages off the CAN bus - but I've oviously got my hands full for awhile and don't see that happening any time soon.

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hey Nicko - are you selling this stuff on eBay? I'd be curious to know which one is you if you are.....

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry, slight correction Re: Illumination level.

The IC will set it's own lighting based on the button. No CAN involved at all. But the ICC and maybe the BEM both want to know the illuination level.

Low Series IC - sends only one byte in CAN broadcast message 437 in byte byte 4. Byte 3 is always 00
8000 - Low
B300 - Low Mid
D900 - High Mid
FF00 - Full

High Series IC - uses the two bytes, and any value can be set depending on how long the buttons have been pressed. But the range is:
8000 - Low
FFFF - High

So it's going to look the same to any other module that uses the light level - like the BEM and the ICC. But I just won't be able to set it to the absolute maximum of FFFF

Lukeyson

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: F6 Tornado

VIC, Australia

Hey Lukeyson,
Intereseting topic.

I have done the same conversion, but I have a BF Tornado, so things were a little easier.

Anyway, the twilight sensor: HAs dual functionality, both controlling headlights auto on/off, and then determining sun intensity (or whatever it's called) to compensate auto cabin climate control.

My UTE has the green BEM, and HIM /H. I used my original BEM onto the new ICC, so retraining keys was not necessary, same with the RF module mounted on top of the airvents.

All that needed to happen was a reprogram of the HIM, Ford removed old MCC code, and flashed in ICC code - 5 minute job.

I still need to fit the driverside airbox motor, and splitter shaft, as well as the passengerside mirror with ambient temperature sensor, and harness.

Once I have that fitted, Ford can stick the calibration factor for the CTS in, as it will then do accurate auto climate control.

It is working really well (and looks the goods) at this point in time, so maybe that explains my lazyness in getting the shafts/motor fitted.

Ok, the MacMini carputer took a lot of time, but it is about ready for it's final mounting ;)

I am still seriously considering replacing (part) of the ICC and run the controls for the HVAC on the Carputer via a GUI.

Anyway, I will be checking in to see how you progress.

Br,
MrBean.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Pictures of the new ICC from as many angles as I figure are relevant.

Attachments:
ICC_TOP_IMG_1234_WEB.jpg
ICC_TOP_IMG_1234_WEB.jpg [ 22.9 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]
ICC_REAR_CONNECTOR_ZOOM_IMG_1235_WEB.jpg
ICC_REAR_CONNECTOR_ZOOM_IMG_1235_WEB.jpg [ 20 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]
ICC_REAR_IMG_1231_WEB.jpg
ICC_REAR_IMG_1231_WEB.jpg [ 23.95 KiB | Viewed 853 times ]
ICC_BOTTOM_BEM_LABEL_IMG_1241_WEB.jpg
ICC_BOTTOM_BEM_LABEL_IMG_1241_WEB.jpg [ 14.75 KiB | Viewed 268 times ]
ICC_BOTTOM_BEM_IMG_1240_WEB.jpg
ICC_BOTTOM_BEM_IMG_1240_WEB.jpg [ 19.23 KiB | Viewed 943 times ]

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

and more ICC...

Attachments:
ICC_LH_CLOCK_AND_RKR_CONNECTORS_IMG_1239_WEB.jpg
ICC_LH_CLOCK_AND_RKR_CONNECTORS_IMG_1239_WEB.jpg [ 23.83 KiB | Viewed 1133 times ]
ICC_LH_AMBIENT_TEMP_SENSOR_ZOOM_IMG_1238_WEB.jpg
ICC_LH_AMBIENT_TEMP_SENSOR_ZOOM_IMG_1238_WEB.jpg [ 25.4 KiB | Viewed 270 times ]
ICC_LH_IMG_1230_WEB.jpg
ICC_LH_IMG_1230_WEB.jpg [ 21.47 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]
ICC_TOP_RKR_ZOOM_IMG_1236_WEB.jpg
ICC_TOP_RKR_ZOOM_IMG_1236_WEB.jpg [ 16.82 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

...and yet more ICC

Attachments:
ICC_FRONT_IMG_1229_WEB.jpg
ICC_FRONT_IMG_1229_WEB.jpg [ 23.35 KiB | Viewed 245 times ]
ICC_RH_DISPLAY_LOOM_ZOOM_IMG_1237_WEB.jpg
ICC_RH_DISPLAY_LOOM_ZOOM_IMG_1237_WEB.jpg [ 22.54 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]
ICC_RH_IMG_1232_WEB.jpg
ICC_RH_IMG_1232_WEB.jpg [ 24.17 KiB | Viewed 257 times ]

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

New LH Mirror with Temp Sensor. The Connector is different, and the sensor pokes out the bottom of the mirror. This mirror also requires that the LH Door Loom be replaced.

NOTE: The mirrors are different again on the Fairmont Ghia, Fairlane, Fairlane Ghia, G220 and LTD due to the memory and reverse dip functions. However, the same harness on the LH Door can be used.

Attachments:
LH_MIRROR_TEMP_SENSOR_IMG_1246_WEB.jpg
LH_MIRROR_TEMP_SENSOR_IMG_1246_WEB.jpg [ 14.9 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]
LH_MIRROR_FRONT_IMG_1242_WEB.jpg
LH_MIRROR_FRONT_IMG_1242_WEB.jpg [ 15.11 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]

Last edited by Lukeyson on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LH Door Harness.

Attachments:
DOOR_HARNESS_IMG_1252_WEB.jpg
DOOR_HARNESS_IMG_1252_WEB.jpg [ 15.38 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]

Last edited by Lukeyson on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Connectors #1

Attachments:
File comment: The LHS Door Harness 14631 is shown - but some connectors are mislabelled.

C-89 = C-93
C-90 = C-96

DOOR_HARNESS_DIAGRAM.jpg
DOOR_HARNESS_DIAGRAM.jpg [ 35.54 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]

Last edited by Lukeyson on Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

And more...

Attachments:
File comment: Branch of the loom with Courtesy Light, Mirror and Window Switch connectors.
DOOR_HARNESS_MIR_WINSW_COURTLIGHT_IMG_1255.jpg
DOOR_HARNESS_MIR_WINSW_COURTLIGHT_IMG_1255.jpg [ 14.41 KiB | Viewed 263 times ]
File comment: LH Door Lock Motor
DOOR_HARNESS_C-95_IMG_1262_WEB.jpg
DOOR_HARNESS_C-95_IMG_1262_WEB.jpg [ 15.47 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 17  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next