Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BA power window problem
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

Well here the thing...
Duno if it matters but got a ba sedan, all power windows, so has the 4 window switches and the auto up/down function for the driver, but the auto doesn't work.

Still goes up and down if u hold it in, but it wont auto do it anymore when you let go of the switch...

Any1 had this problem before is it common? maybe someone knows what it could be?

any help would be great cheers

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Post subject: Re: BA power window problem
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

are you pressing the down button then releasing it? or holding the button down?

If you hold the down button for more than a set time, it will only operate for as long as your finger is on the switch.
If you hold the button for less than this set time, then it will automatically go down.

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yer mate im doing it the right way and auto never works, got a whole new cluster of the window switches today my mate told me we got it out of a fairmont i wasnt sure which it was tho, but my old ones never lit up at night time... the auto on this works and all works great but just tonight i seen lights on it which is unusual... is this only on fairmonts and fairlanes? or should my old ones have lit up too... this also makes me wander if the traction control and fog light and theres another 2 buttons on other side of steering column wonder if they should light up too?

now what i have in my car is all my other passenger door window switches dont glow (never did) and now my new replaced driver side 4in1 combo switch glows.... it glows the colour of the isc panel where the radio is and colour of where your odo and dist to empty and that is (like a whiteish colour).. but i got an xr so im thinking it would look mad if they were blue illuminated but duno if its been done or can get stock ones like it...

BA XR6T Manual 220rw kw - 20' chromies, pedders ultra lows, hurricane 2.5' twin exhaust by Fat Pipes, PBR premium slotted brakes, leather pack, and soon more under the bonnet!

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

for illuminated switches they came in fairmont ghias and fairlanes and fpv's i believe. if you compare the plug holes on the illuminated switch to the non illuminated, it has an extra pin in it. you also have to have the wiring there to run it, i know ba xt's didnt have the illumination wiring. when i changed my ba to 4 way power windows i used a loom with the wiring for illumination, and got illuminated switches, from memory the wire for illumination is blue with a red stripe but i could be wrong. the rest of the buttons dont glow. easy to upgrade, just keep an eye on ebay.

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

phatba wrote:
for illuminated switches they came in fairmont ghias and fairlanes and fpv's i believe. if you compare the plug holes on the illuminated switch to the non illuminated, it has an extra pin in it. you also have to have the wiring there to run it, i know ba xt's didnt have the illumination wiring. when i changed my ba to 4 way power windows i used a loom with the wiring for illumination, and got illuminated switches, from memory the wire for illumination is blue with a red stripe but i could be wrong. the rest of the buttons dont glow. easy to upgrade, just keep an eye on ebay.

well i must have the wiring loom in mine to run the illuminated switches becuz the one i replaced in my front driver side from my standard one to the fairmont one, and now it glows at night, so does that mean that all the other doors will also have the extra wire for it? i have a ba xr6 turbo with leather if it helps

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

more than likely yes. the body wiring in the ba and bf is in two pieces a left and right, connected by a big f**k off plug near the front passenger chair. so if your drivers door has it, then your drivers side rear will have it, and unless your passenger side body loom has been swapped then they should have it. could be more than just the high end cars got it, my car was a lowly xt series 2 and that didnt have illuminated lights.

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

if you want to check, remove a non illuminated plug and see if theres any pins in the plug that dont match up to a pin in the switch plug hole. no doubt there will be one pin, and it will be a blue/red wire

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
if you want to check, remove a non illuminated plug and see if theres any pins in the plug that dont match up to a pin in the switch plug hole. no doubt there will be one pin, and it will be a blue/red wire

What is the best way to convert normal rear wind up windows to power wind up windows on a ba?? would it be easier to just change the regulators and make up the wires, or change looms? which looms would need changing.. sorry to hijack the thread....

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ba fairlane

NSW, Australia

i have a similar problem in my fairlane
when it is cold the auto down on the drivers side doesnt work
and when it rains or im near the beach all my windows are really slow

but still better than a holden

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yer its all fixed up now must have just been the old module, stange for u just when its cold, but what im finding now is that if i put any kind of spray on my window rail rubbers it still squeaks only on the drivers side, when it gets near the top it just squeaks, and ive used graphite powder and silicone spray so far i duno what else will do it

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

lukeyxr6t wrote:
yer its all fixed up now must have just been the old module, stange for u just when its cold, but what im finding now is that if i put any kind of spray on my window rail rubbers it still squeaks only on the drivers side, when it gets near the top it just squeaks, and ive used graphite powder and silicone spray so far i duno what else will do it

Graphite powder is no good.
You may need to remove the window guides and clean them.
Then use silicone spray.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yer that sounds like a huge job aye, never done that before, but yer just soo annoying, and thought by squirting spray in them and down them from when the window is still in would help but still no luck

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2002 ba xr6 supercab ute

NSW, Australia

hi there guys look i have a ba 2002 xr6 ute now the problem im having is that my left hand window wont go up when i use the drivers side switch but it will go down....just not up....
but when i use the passsenger side switch it goes up and down perfectly???? can any of you guys help me out please as to what is goin wrong??
and yes iv made sure that they are all plugged in properly and are not loose ok

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

possibly a stuffed connection inside your switch. inside there is like a little see saw piece of metal that goes down when the button is pressed to make the circuit. they are very finnicky, and are easily knocked out of place. (took me hours to rebuild a switch from 3 dead units) maybe that bit is out of alignment, or as i found on the dead switches i opened, the contact point had a black burnt mark on it like a small short. the fact its operating via another switch says the wiring is ok, as every window switch in the ba/bf flows back to the drivers door and loops through that switch and then to the applicable window. so if you dont have a 4 way drivers door switch in, or no switch in it at all, then the other windows wont work.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

sorry just read yours is a ute, the same principles apply but you will need the 2 way switch to be in instead of a 4 way in the drivers door.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next