Fordmods Logo

Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 13

Joined: 8th May 2011

Ride: Bf 07 mk2 six speed octane

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hey peeps, just wondering if you can convert an ba xr6 interface with te ford territory TFT LCD DVD 6 disc player? Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Swap the BEM over and i think its a go-er - if it fits...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 13

Joined: 8th May 2011

Ride: Bf 07 mk2 six speed octane

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
Swap the BEM over and i think its a go-er - if it fits...



What is the BEM may I ask? Lol I'm 18 I hardly know anything haha sorry for this :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

its the module that controls pretty much anything to do with the interior - and immobilizor (tells the ecu when its ok to enable)
its on the bottom of the icc from what i've read - and easily interchangeable :)

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 13

Joined: 8th May 2011

Ride: Bf 07 mk2 six speed octane

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
its the module that controls pretty much anything to do with the interior - and immobilizor (tells the ecu when its ok to enable)
its on the bottom of the icc from what i've read - and easily interchangeable :)



So if I change that it Will be possible to conver the ford territory TFT screen and dash basicly and put a DVD player so it can play movies thru the TFT screen?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

Take a look at this place, these people are the ones who are authorised Ford suppliers and repairers.

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Bigbeans93 wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
its the module that controls pretty much anything to do with the interior - and immobilizor (tells the ecu when its ok to enable)
its on the bottom of the icc from what i've read - and easily interchangeable :)



So if I change that it Will be possible to conver the ford territory TFT screen and dash basicly and put a DVD player so it can play movies thru the TFT screen?


yes - i think there is a technical document for it...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 7

Joined: 23rd May 2011

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
Take a look at this place, these people are the ones who are authorised Ford suppliers and repairers.

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/






These guys at ASL know nothin, been there for my change over of normal sound to premium sound with dual zone climate control. they said its not possible.
But in fact its really easy n looks AWESOME

 

 

Attachments:
File comment: this what I had
ford mod.jpg
ford mod.jpg [ 63.18 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 7

Joined: 23rd May 2011

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

Why did they say it wasn't possible?
Did you add all the bits for the dual zone ?
One other thing, did you have to take it to a Ford dealer to get the radio to code?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:13 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 7

Joined: 23rd May 2011

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

ASL ppl said it had to be done by ford n they said u gotta add all those parts like HIM module , heater box etc etc etc,
but none of them is needed,

Yes u gotta have it reprogrammed by a proffessional, doesn't have to be ford, personally I dont think ford will reprogram it for u.
Coz re-programing is where all the trick is, its bit tricky, right program is all u need, dont need any other dual zone parts,
Ta
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

dhillonrajvir wrote:
ASL ppl said it had to be done by ford n they said u gotta add all those parts like HIM module , heater box etc etc etc,
but none of them is needed,

Yes u gotta have it reprogrammed by a proffessional, doesn't have to be ford, personally I dont think ford will reprogram it for u.
Coz re-programing is where all the trick is, its bit tricky, right program is all u need, dont need any other dual zone parts,
Ta

Thanks for the reply matey :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

i don't see the dual zone working without the physical parts though - got any more info?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ba xr6- conversion to ford territory TFT screen DVD player?
Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 7

Joined: 23rd May 2011

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

The key is in programing the HIM control,
after doing the ICC changeover when reprograming, disconnect the HIM module and then program,
after u 've finished programing plug it back.
so what will happen is that ur ICC will behave as u have got dual zone hardware, but in haven't in real,

so u will be able to control ur interior temp by the right control, left control will display the temp change but wont make any effect,

've fun
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:13 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names