Fordmods Logo

BEM custom install/pinouts. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: BEM custom install/pinouts.
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Hey guys,

After searching for more than an hour, i couldnt manage to find anything about wiring up a NA/DA Fairlane Central control module into another car.

Basically, Ive installed an electric aerial out of an NA into my holden :( and I need the control module to run it. Im not interestred in switching it manually with a relay setup as I want to run the 1/2 mast switch.

Ive looked thru various wiring diagrams, but none of them seem to make it clear enough as to which wires i need to connect!

So far I've learnt that there 'should' be:

black - earth
red/blue - radio 12v trigger
red/white - antenna
violet/green - antenna??? the loom doesnt even have this colured wire in it!
black/yellow - 1/2 mast earth

then in addition to this, there must be a 12v constant supply somewhere to run the thing>?

I'm absolutely stumped, so any help would be greatly appreicated!

Thanks, Nath!

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

All this work for an antenna?? Just giving you a free bump here :) as im also very interested in what it will take to get a bem working in another car, well not a holden :P but another older ford

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Im actually in the process of installing my immobiliser/paging system as well. Thats where it gets complicated.

The pager is hooked up to a microwave sensor in the car, which triggers the pager when it senses movement. When the pager triggers, it sends a 12V signal similiar to the radio to extend the antenna. But my main problem is that i want to hook up a relay so that when 12v comes from the radio (and only the radio), it also grounds the 1/2 mast wire.

This basically means, when the radio is on aerial is at half mast. When the pager triggers, aerial extends to full height (which will give longer range).

Why go to all that bother you ask? Because the factory aerials are way too long (ugly) but the longer the better when it comes to the pager.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

Sounds like an awsome idea, what model como?
Can i get some more info on your alarm system youve got?

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:47 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Commo>? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I got a 92 Rodeo, 18" rims, lowered etc... The microwave (movement) sensor is just an ordinary type that you can buy as an add on for any alarm (runs at 12v), the pager is a unit i got from a friends dad for about $100. He installs alarms proffesionally and he told me about these so I picked it up years ago (had it in my old car) - now im trying to make it all fit in the ute. I also just made up one of those jaycar flexi timer things so when the kill switch is activated, it takes a few minutes for the pager/sensors to actually start working. This way the aerial wont go crazy everytime I flick the switch. Kill switch is just hooked up to a SPDT relay on the fuel pump line. you earth the relay and it kills the fuel pump.

Still need help guys!!!? Can anyone point me in the right direction? After reading over the wiring diagrams last night, It says I should have a Violet/Green wire coming out of the control module. But Its the only wire I cant find! It says its from Pin 746, but the connector diagram doesnt show where pin 746 is!

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Doesnt anyone know anything?

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

ohhhh noooooo not one of you guys.....its not white is it????? We had one at lonsdale wreckers we did the heads on and i see another one on black road. ANy of these urs?!

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]