Fordmods Logo

Bf xr6 central locking problem... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Bf xr6 central locking problem...
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BF XR6

NSW, Australia

My central lockin is playing up when I press the unlock button it unlock all he doors except the driver door and makes a noise as if it's tryin to move the little lock knob Thing but it doesn't pop up. Then I press the lock button and it makes the same noise again and then does the beep as if a door is open... The lock knob pops up if I open it with the inside handle. So for now I gotta use the key but I hate it. Any ideas? I'm gunna take the door apart tomoro n have a look inside if anyone has any info or knowledge if this has ever happened to them gimme a yell yeh?? Cheers

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Post subject: Re: Bf xr6 central locking problem...
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

probably find your drivers door actuator is stuffed.

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:14 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

is that gunna be expensive to replace??

phatba wrote:
probably find your drivers door actuator is stuffed.

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA LTD

VIC, Australia

if you still haven't solved this....
I had a similar problem with my BA LTD. the car would lock (with key or remote or button inside) then sound the quick multiple horn beeps as if to say a door was open and they'd all unlock again.

also, on the small digital map thing in the instrument cluster it was showing the passenger door to be ajar but it was definitily an electrical problem because it would flicker open and closed. which is an idicator that it's probably not the actuator.

I replaced the actuator in the passenger door twice (after taking it to 2 mechanics, an auto-elec, and 2 different ford service centres!, who all said actuator) and it turned out to be the 'body control module' (computer brains basically)

Got a genuine one from Ford for i think around $300-$350 (it was a while ago, memories a bit faded)

That solved the problem tho and haven't had any dramas with it since. hope that helps.

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

thanks for that mate appreciate it :) I ordered my angel eyes yesterday so will have them on monday and installed :) will put some pics up for everyone :):):):)

BUDDA wrote:
I had a similar problem with my BA LTD. the car would lock (with key or remote or button inside) then sound the quick multiple horn beeps as if to say a door was open and they'd all unlock again.

also, on the small digital map thing in the instrument cluster it was showing the passenger door to be ajar but it was definitily an electrical problem because it would flicker open and closed. which is an idicator that it's probably not the actuator.

I replaced the actuator in the passenger door twice (after taking it to 2 mechanics, an auto-elec, and 2 different ford service centres!, who all said actuator) and it turned out to be the 'body control module' (computer brains basically)

Got a genuine one from Ford for i think around $300-$350 (it was a while ago, memories a bit faded)

That solved the problem tho and haven't had any dramas with it since. hope that helps.

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ba xt

QLD, Australia

BUDDA wrote:

hey mate.. i have a 03 ba xt ...when u go to lock the doors with remote or even manualy it locks then unlocks again with a fews beeps...takens all doors panels off and soldered the sensor wires toghethor on each lock and still nothing... could be what ur saying but its so frustrating

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA LTD

VIC, Australia

yeah believe me, i feel your pane. couldn't lock my car for about 6 weeks. had to go to work and everything with my poor car unsecured out in the carpark at a shopping centre! and went to ford 3 times and, if you can believe this, everytime on the way there it stopped doing it. which meant they couldn't even diagnose it properly. I was tearing my hair out. but yeah the body control module fixed the problem. If you can get them to test it at ford they should be able to tell you if its that.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:28 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: '03 BA XR6

QLD, Australia

Have just found my passenger door and rear left side both are not locking, I go to open either and it unlocks the whole car. Any ideas guys? I am not hearing any sound from them at all, If i click the lock button twice it beeps at me indicating its already locked =x

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

This sounds like door actuators. My car did that on one of the doors. Lock the car, it would seem fine but if you lift the handle on the door with the broken actuator, all the other doors would open. I knew it was broken though because it was the plastic wheel inside which had snapped. So when you press lock and the plastic wheel turns trying to lock the door, you could hear a grinding sound. I have a BA falcon.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 03 BA GT XW GT Replica

TAS, Australia

Hi this is exact problem you guys have talked about I am having. I have allready had a new BEM installed 6 months ago now its doing it again My car is BA GT 2003. Ford replaced door actuator left rear because computer showed fault there but no good. now gunna replace BEM again under warranty. This must be a common Fault

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

bdjames13 wrote:
This sounds like door actuators. My car did that on one of the doors. Lock the car, it would seem fine but if you lift the handle on the door with the broken actuator, all the other doors would open. I knew it was broken though because it was the plastic wheel inside which had snapped. So when you press lock and the plastic wheel turns trying to lock the door, you could hear a grinding sound. I have a BA falcon.

Yeah thats the same problem I have with the wagon damn stupid little wheel is busted pritty common problem.

They sell new wheels for them on ebay they arnt real hard to replace I have had mine out a few times

Here is one for sale on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-BA-BF-DO ... 35b0dc802a

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:32 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '04 XR6 BA

New Zealand

Have just had this problem with both right hand doors, got the local Ford parts man coming to drop off two gears tonight (that little plastic wheel & shaft combo), $138 incl GST, as opposed to $400 for each door lock. Partner opened up the system and found both plastic pieces are snapped, saved me a whole lot of time and money that's for sure.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

CharliNZ wrote:
Have just had this problem with both right hand doors, got the local Ford parts man coming to drop off two gears tonight (that little plastic wheel & shaft combo), $138 incl GST, as opposed to $400 for each door lock. Partner opened up the system and found both plastic pieces are snapped, saved me a whole lot of time and money that's for sure.

What the... I think your Ford man is ripping you off you can get them for $30 each including express post.

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]