Fordmods Logo

Blue LED dash conversion 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:48 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 133

Joined: 10th Aug 2008

Ride: Falcon AUII

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

Hey guys, since switching my low series AUII clusters lights to blue LED's the red needles havent lit up since. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Can make driving at night frustrating not being able to see what speed ur doing.

 

_________________

....what goes here?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 407

Joined: 29th May 2008

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Why not just put the white lights back in, just for the needles, and leave the rest blue?

 

_________________

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:44 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 133

Joined: 10th Aug 2008

Ride: Falcon AUII

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

metasaiah wrote:
Why not just put the white lights back in, just for the needles, and leave the rest blue?


Thats the thing, I didn't think that any of the bulbs i took out were for the needles. It just seemed like the most reasonable explanation. could i have possibly stuffed up the needle bulbs somehow

 

_________________

....what goes here?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2098

Joined: 19th Jan 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 5L 5 speed Fairmont Ghia

Location: St Maoris
NSW, Australia

If it's anything like an EF/EL, it won't have seperate bulbs for the needles. If that is the case, you would either need to modify the cluster to have seperate lighting, or you would need to change the needles to white, and they will light up the same colour as the face.

 

_________________

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 133

Joined: 10th Aug 2008

Ride: Falcon AUII

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

a_total_tool wrote:
If it's anything like an EF/EL, it won't have seperate bulbs for the needles. If that is the case, you would either need to modify the cluster to have seperate lighting, or you would need to change the needles to white, and they will light up the same colour as the face.



Ohk. Where can i get white needles from? Did any of the higher clusters have white needles?

 

_________________

....what goes here?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2098

Joined: 19th Jan 2005

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 5L 5 speed Fairmont Ghia

Location: St Maoris
NSW, Australia

AUII.Denim wrote:
a_total_tool wrote:
If it's anything like an EF/EL, it won't have seperate bulbs for the needles. If that is the case, you would either need to modify the cluster to have seperate lighting, or you would need to change the needles to white, and they will light up the same colour as the face.



Ohk. Where can i get white needles from? Did any of the higher clusters have white needles?


The High series still has orange needles (or at least mine has). Just get some white nail polish off your missus.

 

_________________

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 25

Joined: 17th Apr 2009

Ride: BA Falcon

Location: hervey bay
QLD, Australia

Does anyone know if its easy to change the standard green lights in a BA to the blue ones? Or will you have a similar problem?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Posts: 188

Joined: 13th Mar 2008

Ride: EL Falcon XR6

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Quick Question - I asked this on boosted as well but so far haevnt got all the info i need!

I want to put WHITE LEDS in my cluster, demister button, trip comp, tranmission selections, and climate control. Are they all T10's and how many do I exactly need? the bloke from the forums sells them on eBay in packs of 10 but I dont want to not get enough!

And also for the digital display on the climate control and trip comp - does anyone see any problem with using white LED's? I imagine (hope) they'd just mean the readout would be in white lettering rather than the current orange and be just as easy to read..?

Thanks.

 

_________________

1997 EL Falcon XR6 Sedan
Cold Air Intake | Sequential Scoop | Pacemaker 4480 & 2.5" Exhaust

1976 XB Falcon 500 Wagon
Sherwood Green | 3spd/250CI | Hurricane Extractors + Custom Twin 2" Exhaust | Running Whitewalls on a 2.5" Drop

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:51 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 102

Joined: 22nd Feb 2009

Ride: eb xr8 , xh ute

Location: devonport
TAS, Australia

fowlerj wrote:
Quick Question - I asked this on boosted as well but so far haevnt got all the info i need!

I want to put WHITE LEDS in my cluster, demister button, trip comp, tranmission selections, and climate control. Are they all T10's and how many do I exactly need? the bloke from the forums sells them on eBay in packs of 10 but I dont want to not get enough!

And also for the digital display on the climate control and trip comp - does anyone see any problem with using white LED's? I imagine (hope) they'd just mean the readout would be in white lettering rather than the current orange and be just as easy to read..?

Thanks.


i am currently doing this mod to my eb xr8, i can tell you the cig lighter/ and a/c controls are a different size to the clock / dash lights.
the dash are t10 globes, the a/c unit are only small, i think they are called t5's but i could be wrong.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 28

Joined: 16th Apr 2009

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

fowlerj wrote:
Quick Question - I asked this on boosted as well but so far haevnt got all the info i need!

I want to put WHITE LEDS in my cluster, demister button, trip comp, tranmission selections, and climate control. Are they all T10's and how many do I exactly need? the bloke from the forums sells them on eBay in packs of 10 but I dont want to not get enough!

And also for the digital display on the climate control and trip comp - does anyone see any problem with using white LED's? I imagine (hope) they'd just mean the readout would be in white lettering rather than the current orange and be just as easy to read..?

Thanks.


documents.php?d=25
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:54 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 96

Joined: 16th Apr 2009

Ride: BA XR8 Ute

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

Hia everyone,

I'm quite new here, haven't posted yet. I'm keen to do this on my EF, are there pictures of this conversion on the site somewhere? Also, the white nail polish is a good idea, I might try that as well.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 28

Joined: 16th Apr 2009

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

matty340 wrote:
Hia everyone,

I'm quite new here, haven't posted yet. I'm keen to do this on my EF, are there pictures of this conversion on the site somewhere? Also, the white nail polish is a good idea, I might try that as well.

documents.php?d=1
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Blue LED dash conversion
Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:05 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 96

Joined: 16th Apr 2009

Ride: BA XR8 Ute

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names