Blue led dash problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Blue led dash problem
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

I recently brought some blue LEDs from Jaycar already in bulb holders. Anyways half my dash is aqua blue (speedo side ) and the other half is blue (tacho side ) I've taken the LEDs out and tested them they are all the same colour (blue) then when I put them back in different parts of my dash were aqua blue and blue WTF is going on lol , I've done the led dash conversion before and never had a problem , the LEDs are frosted,
Could it be the LEDs are further away making them aqua ?

Please help

Thanks

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: Blue led dash problem
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:32 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
I recently brought some blue LEDs from Jaycar already in bulb holders. Anyways half my dash is aqua blue (speedo side ) and the other half is blue (tacho side ) I've taken the LEDs out and tested them they are all the same colour (blue) then when I put them back in different parts of my dash were aqua blue and blue WTF is going on lol , I've done the led dash conversion before and never had a problem , the LEDs are frosted,
Could it be the LEDs are further away making them aqua ?

Please help

Thanks

hey there, i sell leds on ebay mate and theres a good chance it could be the filters in the cluster, however i have got some superbright leds in blue comming soon for the ef el series. if u have a falcon ef el i can sell you some now. look for 10 x t5 led ef el on ebay and my shop name is GameHunter2009. let me know your from here and ill see what i can do.

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sweet thanks mate I'll check them out , I got some from jaycar the sarvo for my trip computer, it's got me puzzled the LEDs are blue and when I put them in my dash my speedo side is aqua blue and half my tacho is the blue and so is the oil pressure but my fuel is aqua blue wtf, and I had the el Dash facia in my ef and had blue LEDs and they didn't turn aqua, maybe the tickford dash is different to stock el dash, it's got me puzzled , take my tickford dash facias out and put gli el facias in and see what happens

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:49 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Sweet thanks mate I'll check them out , I got some from jaycar the sarvo for my trip computer, it's got me puzzled the LEDs are blue and when I put them in my dash my speedo side is aqua blue and half my tacho is the blue and so is the oil pressure but my fuel is aqua blue wtf, and I had the el Dash facia in my ef and had blue LEDs and they didn't turn aqua, maybe the tickford dash is different to stock el dash, it's got me puzzled , take my tickford dash facias out and put gli el facias in and see what happens

falcon dashes are deeper too i dont know why but my leds wont fit ef el xr6 xr8 cluster but falcon fairmont they do. thats why i have the new smd ones commin that are flat. they look the s**t in my au. let me know how u go as i have had a lot of experience with leds seein i have sold over 600 sets cheers

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Futuraclassic wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

falcon dashes are deeper too i dont know why but my leds wont fit ef el xr6 xr8 cluster but falcon fairmont they do. thats why i have the new smd ones commin that are flat. they look the s**t in my au. let me know how u go as i have had a lot of experience with leds seein i have sold over 600 sets cheers

I did buy some LEDs off eBay a while ago , in bulb holdes so pretty much straight swap , anyways they were so loose in the dash I would turn them and they wouldn't lock in they made s**t contact , not saying yours are the same just stating

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Futuraclassic wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

I did buy some LEDs off eBay a while ago , in bulb holdes so pretty much straight swap , anyways they were so loose in the dash I would turn them and they wouldn't lock in they made s**t contact , not saying yours are the same just stating

MINE ARE LOOS LEDS, NOT THE s**t ONES YOU GET IN THE HOLDER. MINE ARE A STRAIGHT SWAP FOR THE GLOBES. OOPS sorry about the caps lol. Yeh so mine go into existing holders that come in the cluster mate.

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So wouldn't u have to use either a black or white bulb holder cos the cluster bulb holders u can't pull the led out with out taking the terminals out, it's hard to explain but what I'm saying is with urs you will have to use a black bulb holder as the others dnt come out , and when they do their either broken or the terminals come out , sorry it's kinda hard to explain

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:25 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
So wouldn't u have to use either a black or white bulb holder cos the cluster bulb holders u can't pull the led out with out taking the terminals out, it's hard to explain but what I'm saying is with urs you will have to use a black bulb holder as the others dnt come out , and when they do their either broken or the terminals come out , sorry it's kinda hard to explain

ahh yes now i see, yes some of them are wired to the bulbs and theyre a pain in the a***. i have never had a problem with them but some of the clusters have them some dont

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah cos I brought LEDs and resistors off eBay and soldered my own blue LEDs and with the dash illimation globes they wouldn't remove from the holder when I pulled them out the terminals /tabs wouldn't stay in the holder so I couldn't solder the wires to anything so I went to the wreckers and got black bulb holders the globes pull straight out , so easy fix ,

Just waiting till it's darker then I'll try out my LEDs and give feedback

Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I know why my LEDs are aqua blue the el tickford facias on the back are white and the el standard ones are grey, so looks like I cant have a blue dash with tickford facias, cant have the best of both worlds , unless I make a grey filter out of paper :D , when my pc is working I'll put up pics of the two dash facias

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
I know why my LEDs are aqua blue the el tickford facias on the back are white and the el standard ones are grey, so looks like I cant have a blue dash with tickford facias, cant have the best of both worlds , unless I make a grey filter out of paper :D , when my pc is working I'll put up pics of the two dash facias

Ok this is actually wrong Aftef looking at the led closely I found out it is a different colour , jacar sold me 15 aqua blue and 1 normal blue, the aqua looks good still just a bit lighter , I'd prefer the brighter blue but owell mind you my dash is still very bright , at least it won't look stupid with different shades of blue

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:38 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

Ok this is actually wrong Aftef looking at the led closely I found out it is a different colour , jacar sold me 15 aqua blue and 1 normal blue, the aqua looks good still just a bit lighter , I'd prefer the brighter blue but owell mind you my dash is still very bright , at least it won't look stupid with different shades of blue

well let me know if you want the dash blue mate

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sent u a pm mate

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]