can you dye globes???????????? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

Laximah wrote:
they are just normal LED's - different sizes due to i just used ones lieing around!

there are normally two globes in there, so i just hooked up the led's to the positive of one of the globes wires and the negative of the other.. then the otherway round for the other leds! i just did as many as i could.. coz it has to go through a sorta yellowy white silicon chip thingo to get out... looks a little lighter in real life... but better than being white!

how do you hold them in so they don't fall out? with glue?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Laximah wrote:
they are just normal LED's - different sizes due to i just used ones lieing around!

there are normally two globes in there, so i just hooked up the led's to the positive of one of the globes wires and the negative of the other.. then the otherway round for the other leds! i just did as many as i could.. coz it has to go through a sorta yellowy white silicon chip thingo to get out... looks a little lighter in real life... but better than being white!

Can you use Narva LED gLOBES in there?

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
Laximah wrote:

how do you hold them in so they don't fall out? with glue?

with a soldering iron and some solder!

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
Laximah wrote:

u can.... but they prolly wont be bright enough, u need THE brightest you can get!! plus LED's with wire legs make it easier to solder and angle where you want them to shine!

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Laximah wrote:
twirqurky wrote:
Laximah wrote:

u can.... but they prolly wont be bright enough, u need THE brightest you can get!! plus LED's with wire legs make it easier to solder and angle where you want them to shine!
Yeah but I cannot solder you see.

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ahhaha its the easist thing!!!!

a matter of heating up the solder and 'placing' the melting solder onto what u want to join.. then take the solder away!

and the metal hardens again and wala!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2