Central locking 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Central locking
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2012 Ford FG XR6 ute (Gas)

VIC, Australia

Hi there,
I have an au ute and its a great car but I have a problem with the central locking, the key pad doesn't react to the car and neither does it unlock and lock! Can someone maybe tell me what could be the problem with this?

Thanks
Ben

Post subject: Re: Central locking
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:21 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Hi there 1st place to check would be the battery in the fob .Do you have another fob to test the system with? Do the doors lock and unlock using the key? or just the driver's door unlock/lock? A few more tests or info would be helpful.Kevman.

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2012 Ford FG XR6 ute (Gas)

VIC, Australia

I have had a new battery put in it and yes the doors do unlock and lock with key but just the keypad does not work! And no I do not have another keypad to test it so I don't know!

Cheers

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Does the light come on in the remote?

Au remotes are notorious for the battery holder breaking loose from the circuit board... It happens when people drop their keys on the bench when they get home or accidentally in the car park etc... (This is the series 2/3 remotes which take the button cell batteries...)

If the battery holder wiggles separate to the board then this is the case... If you are handy with a soldering iron and grind a spare soldering tip down to a narrow pin like point (about an inch long) you can get in under the battery tray and resolder the battery holder to the board... Again if this is the case and you can wiggle the battery holder in the right spot to make the light work then the ute should also lock and unlock...

If the light on the remote does work then it may have lost it's pairing... Get in the ute and close the doors properly... press the demister button three times in quick succession and wait the ute should lock... Then press and hold the lock or unlock button and the door locks should cycle... You may have to have the key on for this... When you're finished you can wait for the learning to time out and the ute will unlock or you can turn the key off and the ute will unlock...

If this doesn't work then I'd lean toward a cactus remote...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]