Fordmods Logo

Central Locking Woe's & E-window nightmares. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Central Locking Woe's & E-window nightmares.
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Faclon

QLD, Australia

Ok, i drive a 1997 EF falcon Futura.

I have electric windows in the front and winder windows in the back, the entire car is equiped with central locking.

Problem:
The central locking went on the blink. Asin When i pressed the door button on the remote the drivers side door would unlock then lock again immediately, if i opened the drivers side door, either with timing or the key, i could let passengers in by opening the passenger door with my hand but then as the locks were having a fit, i would have to press the locking button untill both sides were at "unlocked".

The problem there is that the left side is not timing with the right side. if all the doors in the car are closed and the lock button is pressed, the car will lock automatically, but when pressed again the drivers side is the only side that will respond.

What ive done:
What i have done to fix to the problem to one extent is to disconnect the motors on the left side of the car altogether, as they somehow managed to get stuck in unlocked. Now the right side of the car works as normal and i can lock the passenger side with my key, yet the rear passenger remains unlocked :(, unavoidable.

Electric Windows:
One night as i was getting in the car, it was cold. I turned the car over and heard a loud snap sound, following which, my window dropped down about 20cm. I tried to put it back up and nothing happened.

What ive done:
I took the door panel off and had a look, compared it to the passenger side and what it looked like. The cable that is supposed to go over the pulley wheel at the top and connect to the bottom of the metal frame that holds the window in has snapped off. and the motor no longer feeds the wire all the way out so that it might be attached again to the bottom "which looks pretty impossible anyway" so i think that has possibly stuffed the motor too.

I just need any suggestions on maybe fixing one or two things that are wrong here. and maybe a quote on how much this would cost to get fixed, i am competent in basic electronic stuff though. Thankyou very much for the time youve spent reading this. any help would be appreciated.

Col.

i want a rotary :D, for my ford...

No really, im serious

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

you can get the door motors from jaycar i there was a doco on this as it was what i followed and there was aslo a a thread somewhere about replacing them, one of the best things you will do cos personally i hate how slow and noisey the ford locks are, with these jaycar ones its easy to replace in the futureto

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=74

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]