Fordmods Logo

CLIMATE CONTROL ERROR MESSAGE E2 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: CLIMATE CONTROL ERROR MESSAGE E2
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:10 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I have a problem with my fairlane - the aircon is blowing out cold air out upper vents however at the same time blowing out heat on feet. Test came up with error message E2 - Was quoted almost $1000 to replace blend door. Picked one up from wreckers $50 and mate helped pull dash off and fit hours later. Still doing the same thing. Surely I cant be that unlucky to have bought and fitted a faulty one. Any suggestions of what it might be.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:15 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Make sure you're getting a good connection with the two plugs on the dash screen unit - ensure they're clicked in.
It's always wise to test the blend door motor with power to ensure the motor runs both ways, and use a meter to test if you getting varying resistance from the three feedback wires - before you install it. You can also take off the lower plate to make sure the g/box is greased up and okay.
You can test the BDM from the dash plugs without pulling the dash - check the doco for the correct pins, and do the same as described above.

I'll hazard a guess and say that both your BDM's may be fine. It could be a possibility that the dash unit has a prob, but I doubt it.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Post subject: Re: CLIMATE CONTROL ERROR MESSAGE E2
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:29 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: EF fairmont + upgrades

VIC, Australia

something so small and something that can fail should have been left somewere accessable
is there a way to gain access to the blend air and have it open for winter and closed for summer or vice versa ??

need a rotisserie for a classic resto 0471525912 Tom

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]