Fordmods Logo

Climate control help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Climate control help
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi folks. I wonder if anyone out there currently has their dashboard out. What I need is confirmation as to where the tan and yellow vacuum lines go for the vacuum motor at the heater plenum on the climate control assembly (Right hand end). My manual says yellow to the top of the vac. control, and tan to the bottom. However, when dismantling the heater plenum, yellow went to the bottom. I think that this may be the cause of all my troubles.

Any help would be appreciated, as I don't really want to pull the dashboard again............

Post subject: Re: Climate control help
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:46 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Doesn't matter which way the tan/yellow lines are connected. The windscreen/feet operation will operate correctly, provided the flap isn't broken, which seems common just like the recirc air flap.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
The windscreen/feet operation will operate correctly, provided the flap isn't broken, which seems common just like the recirc air flap.

The flap is broken, but the issue was that I was getting a vacuum leak symptom i.e.: defaulting to the floor and w/screen under engine load.

I am getting no vacuum from the lower section of that vac. motor. (tested with vac. gun) is this correct??

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Beats me - need to check the vacuum chart either in the shop manual or a gregory's.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Beats me - need to check the vacuum chart either in the shop manual or a gregory's

Beats me too. I have put the yellow to the top, and the tan to the bottom, and have put the whole lot together today, with one f$#K up: forgot to join up the "sniffer", so had to loosen the dash again and connect it :evil:

I don't have a shop chart/manual that tells me.

I used some Q-Bond on the flap for the difuser, maybe it will last for 5 mins..............

The only vac. leak I can detect is a slight leak from the heater valve, going from 15 ins/hg to zero in about 10 mins.

aaaarrrrrgggghhhh........................ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]