Fordmods Logo

Climate control problem :( - UPDATED and RESOLVED :) 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1989 300ZX Twin turbo Z32

QLD, Australia

Hey,

I have been playing around with the car again today and I have fixed it! I took the glovebox off again and played around with the vacuum tubes and noticed the demister still didnt work. So i shuvved my arm up under the middle of the dash and i could feel heaps of air pressure just shooting out into the dash (useless). After lots of trial and error it turns out the pipe thingy which delivers the air to the demister wasnt attached. So the air was just flowing under the dash when the demister was activated. So i was able to re attach the pipe to the demister attachment.

Once again I discovered that the previous owner had done another dodgy to it - and he also had broken all but 1 of the clips which hold the demister cover on the top of the dash.

Thanks for all your help and input guys - especially Snap. Hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem - this thread will be of help.

Cheers :)

Sold my EB :(
Now got my 300zx :)

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

good to hear u got it fixed mate =D. one thing did u have to remove the whole dashboard to plug the vacuum hoses back in? cause i cbf removing the dashboard.......i have a leak inside my cabin......but i plugged it in the engine bay and now i cant change the direction of where the air flows......if u didnt take the dashboard out how did u manage to get to the tubes? btw i have an airbag on drivers side.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

bluecube wrote:
Thanks for all your help and input guys - especially Snap. Hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem - this thread will be of help.

Well done mate - saved yourself the hassle of pulling the dash. Good find, makes it hard to pinpoint the prob when others have f**ked with things.
Hope it runs now troublefree.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hey. Phongus: all the vacuum tubes are connected behind the glovebox - which can be easily removed. So you dont have to pull the whole dash out. After you take the glovebox off - you will see the little solenoid block thingy with bout 6 or so diff coloured vacuum hoses connected (or if some have fallen off).

My climate control system now runs trouble free! Yey. Next step - re-connecting rear window demister (previous owner broke off the metal where the plug connects to the window glass)

Cheers guys!

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:15 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

bluecube wrote:
Hey. Phongus: all the vacuum tubes are connected behind the glovebox - which can be easily removed. So you dont have to pull the whole dash out. After you take the glovebox off - you will see the little solenoid block thingy with bout 6 or so diff coloured vacuum hoses connected (or if some have fallen off).

My climate control system now runs trouble free! Yey. Next step - re-connecting rear window demister (previous owner broke off the metal where the plug connects to the window glass)

Cheers guys!

took me a while to find this thread, but eventually got there. just thought i might say thanks for the reply there bluecube =D now all i gotta do is find the loose hose :evil:

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

No problem mate. Drop us a line if u need a hand at all :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2