Clock and Headunit added 

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Clock and Headunit added
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Looking good :D in fact, looks the same as mine except of course the missing stereo and the dash mat... Speaking of - is that a factory dash mat? I was looking at getting one for mine, but the Falcon, Fairlane and LTD use the same part numbers for the aftermarket, whereas yours has the clock section

mine is a 'brown' interior/column/airbag ......... have a black dash waiting for me to mod for the extra switch as per pic below [switch recessed as per factory switch on right - someone cut it out & fitted it]

as to the dash mat ..... aftermarket from ebay. i bought a pair.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Looking good :D in fact, looks the same as mine except of course the missing stereo and the dash mat... Speaking of - is that a factory dash mat? I was looking at getting one for mine, but the Falcon, Fairlane and LTD use the same part numbers for the aftermarket, whereas yours has the clock section

mine is a 'brown' interior/column/airbag ......... have a black dash waiting for me to mod for the extra switch as per pic below [switch recessed as per factory switch on right - someone cut it out & fitted it]

Oh yeah, didn't notice the colour :lol: Why do you want the traction control button? Surely the '03 didn't have traction control...

Hmm will have to do some more research on the dash mats once we're out of lockdown

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

Oh yeah, didn't notice the colour :lol: Why do you want the traction control button? Surely the '03 didn't have traction control...

Hmm will have to do some more research on the dash mats once we're out of lockdown

it prob didn't ..... but when i bought it .. it did. currently the fog/driving light switch does nothing as it's not hooked up to anything.

as too research ..... what's stopping you from doing it now even with the lockdown??? you still have the internet up & running do you not?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
as too research ..... what's stopping you from doing it now even with the lockdown??? you still have the internet up & running do you not?

Because the answers I'm getting tell me that the part numbers are the same for Falcon / Fairlane / Fairmont / Ghia / LTD

They should be different for the models that have the clock, based on what I can see in your picture, so I would need to speak with my suppliers, who most likely aren't working during the lockdown. I could also use my part system at work, but not allowed on site during lockdown, and certain NZ website features have been removed during lockdown to prevent people from non-essential shopping.

Kinda limits my options for research :lol:

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

it prob didn't ..... but when i bought it .. it did. currently the fog/driving light switch does nothing as it's not hooked up to anything.

original color scheme .....

fitted temp door trims from the parts car.

not sure where i put the missing pieces for the handles :roll: also have some parts to pick up from another parts guy so i can fit the chrome door handles & replace the brown :oops: :roll:

both the sedan/wagooon are futuras with full electric windows.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

original color scheme .....

fitted temp door trims from the parts car.

not sure where i put the missing pieces for the handles :roll: also have some parts to pick up from another parts guy so i can fit the chrome door handles & replace the brown :oops: :roll:

both the sedan/wagooon are futuras with full electric windows.

Black interior does look a lot nicer 8-)

The futuras are full electric? So just the XT with manual rears? If I remember rightly the e-series (EF at least) the futura had front electric, but you had to get fairmont to have full electric windows.

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Because the answers I'm getting tell me that the part numbers are the same for Falcon / Fairlane / Fairmont / Ghia / LTD

They should be different for the models that have the clock, based on what I can see in your picture, so I would need to speak with my suppliers, who most likely aren't working during the lockdown. I could also use my part system at work, but not allowed on site during lockdown, and certain NZ website features have been removed during lockdown to prevent people from non-essential shopping.

hmmmm that does :evil:

don't think this style was available when i first looked?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dash-Mat-Suit-Ford-Fairlane-BA-BF-With-Clock-2002-2008-Black-Australian-Made/362953216451?hash=item5481b291c3:g:siQAAOSwFOld52AZ

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

hmmmm that does :evil:

don't think this style was available when i first looked?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dash-Mat-Suit-Ford-Fairlane-BA-BF-With-Clock-2002-2008-Black-Australian-Made/362953216451?hash=item5481b291c3:g:siQAAOSwFOld52AZ

That one looks cool, but freakin' expensive when you convert to NZD and add freight :lol: Hopefully one of my suppliers can make something like that

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
That one looks cool, but freakin' expensive when you convert to NZD and add freight :lol: Hopefully one of my suppliers can make something like that

yeah the NZ $ wouldn't help ya!

this is what i want to make up for the wagooon ......... it's just a rough mockup at the moment

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

yeah the NZ $ wouldn't help ya!

this is what i want to make up for the wagooon ......... it's just a rough mockup at the moment

Yeah, it looks like it would cost the same as the dash mats for my explorer, EF, and EB all added together :lol: So probably worth waiting until after lockdown.

That roof layout looks great - you're really tempting me now, might have to pull apart an LTD and glean all the parts... can always go back to the one I got the clock from

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

Yeah, it looks like it would cost the same as the dash mats for my explorer, EF, and EB all added together :lol: So probably worth waiting until after lockdown.

That roof layout looks great - you're really tempting me now, might have to pull apart an LTD and glean all the parts... can always go back to the one I got the clock from[/quote]

FG

lol

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Oh dear god :lol: I won't be going that far, I prefer the BA / BF one

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

:lol:

the FG ones use the same mirror clip mounts compared the earlier BA/BF but the Terri units use differant locations for the same mounts. using either means you lose the original 'A' pillar mount. all the BA/BF ones i have are for her use only, to use on her BF Fairmont only which is fine with me.

also the FG use the light as the switch.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

:lol:

the FG ones use the same mirror clip mounts compared the earlier BA/BF but the Terri units use differant locations for the same mounts. using either means you lose the original 'A' pillar mount. all the BA/BF ones i have are for her use only, to use on her BF Fairmont only which is fine with me.

also the FG use the light as the switch.

Why do you not want to use BA / BF in your one? Just to be different, or do you not like them?

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Why do you not want to use BA / BF in your one? Just to be different, or do you not like them?

to be differant & only have enough for hers :mrgreen: there for i used the AU ones in mine & will eventually use either terry or the FG units or both :lol: :roll: .

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next