Clock and Headunit added 

Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Clock and Headunit added
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Finally I have added the clock and stereo to my XR6 - so beautiful...

Attachment:
thumbnail_20200326_205052.jpg
thumbnail_20200326_205052.jpg [ 84.69 KiB | Viewed 350 times ]

Post subject: Re: Clock and Headunit added
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

That looks sweet!

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

johnnyeHCF wrote:
That looks sweet!

Thanks mate - I've always the BA, love it even more now!

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Finally I have added the clock and stereo to my XR6 - so beautiful...

Attachment:
thumbnail_20200326_205052.jpg

yeah did same with my BA ..... used LTD clock not the Fairmont ones as readability is betterer & that was back in april last year :mrgreen: hasn't been on the road long :oops:

except for the stereo :roll:

not sure about the aftermarket ICC's

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I have an LTD one here too, just not sure about the chrome bezel... maybe I should make a hybrid of the 2?

Mad2 wrote:

I looked at the aftermarket ICC, but the price is insane if you count shipping to NZ, and I happened to have a decent double-din JVC laying around so I put that instead.

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
I have an LTD one here too, just not sure about the chrome bezel... maybe I should make a hybrid of the 2?

Mad2 wrote:

I looked at the aftermarket ICC, but the price is insane if you count shipping to NZ, and I happened to have a decent double-din JVC laying around so I put that instead.

easy enuf to pull apart :mrgreen: ... yeah $$ is like :shock: :shock: :shock: and some reviews have not been noice. not sure about fitting a stereo ..... unless i resurect the ol yella . . . in the EB lol :lol: :roll:

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

Mad2 wrote:

easy enuf to pull apart :mrgreen: ... yeah $$ is like :shock: :shock: :shock: and some reviews have not been noice. not sure about fitting a stereo ..... unless i resurect the ol yella . . . in the EB lol :lol: :roll:

Gotta have a decent stereo, the amount of driving I do (well, when I'm not on coronavirus lockdown) and it fits so nice under the ICC

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Gotta have a decent stereo, the amount of driving I do (well, when I'm not on coronavirus lockdown) and it fits so nice under the ICC

don't worry .... i do understand what you mean :mrgreen: as i canna get the sound 'balance' right in mine :roll: :evil: and i throw me ph etc down there so.... :lol: :roll: so betterer get the new old Ol yella up & running 8-)

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

don't worry .... i do understand what you mean :mrgreen: as i canna get the sound 'balance' right in mine :roll: :evil: and i throw me ph etc down there so.... :lol: :roll: so betterer get the new old Ol yella up & running 8-)

That's where I used to store my sunglasses.... Now they have to live in the centre console box :lol:

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

That's where I used to store my sunglasses.... Now they have to live in the centre console box :lol:

:lol:

i fitted the AU sunglasses holder in mine as i have a couple spare. trying not to throw any thing & everything .... into the centre console :roll:

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

i fitted the AU sunglasses holder in mine as i have a couple spare. trying not to throw any thing & everything .... into the centre console :roll:

Does it involve much cutting of the headlining? I did consider it, but I'm hopeless at cutting straight :(

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Does it involve much cutting of the headlining? I did consider it, but I'm hopeless at cutting straight :(

yeah i had to be very careful when trimming the headlining :roll: .... there is a 'little' cutting/trimming of the headlining but as long as you don't get carried away you will be fine. the headlining i'm currently using also has extra 'holes' cut for the smaller interior lights. two at the front & two at the rear passenger doors. will eventually get around to fitting terri interior lights & sunglass holder. also have the FG versions as well :wink:

edit - i made it easier for myself & had a roof upended so i could actually see how it all fits.

thinking of doing the same with a EB Longroof :mrgreen:

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

yeah i had to be very careful when trimming the headlining :roll: .... there is a 'little' cutting/trimming of the headlining but as long as you don't get carried away you will be fine. the headlining i'm currently using also has extra 'holes' cut for the smaller interior lights. two at the front & two at the rear passenger doors. will eventually get around to fitting terri interior lights & sunglass holder. also have the FG versions as well :wink:

edit - i made it easier for myself & had a roof upended so i could actually see how it all fits.

thinking of doing the same with a EB Longroof :mrgreen:

Wow! :shock: I don't have the space or the patience for that... in theory though - roof should be the same for all BA / BF, yeah? So since I need the headlining reglued anyway, if I get a BF LTD headlining, lights, and overhead holder it should all be a straight swap?

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:02 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

Wow! :shock: I don't have the space or the patience for that... in theory though - roof should be the same for all BA / BF, yeah? So since I need the headlining reglued anyway, if I get a BF LTD headlining, lights, and overhead holder it should all be a straight swap?

only did it that coz i had a roof & it did make it easier to see how it would all fit AND don't forget that it is a wagooon roof your looking at not a sedan. i have no idea re LTD headlining compared to the XR headlining.

car now looks like this.....

cluster is from a XR

Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

only did it that coz i had a roof & it did make it easier to see how it would all fit AND don't forget that it is a wagooon roof your looking at not a sedan. i have no idea re LTD headlining compared to the XR headlining.

car now looks like this.....

cluster is from a XR

Looking good :D in fact, looks the same as mine except of course the missing stereo and the dash mat... Speaking of - is that a factory dash mat? I was looking at getting one for mine, but the Falcon, Fairlane and LTD use the same part numbers for the aftermarket, whereas yours has the clock section

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next