Fordmods Logo

cruise control 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: cruise control
Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

hi i have moved the cruise buttons to the console next to t.bar . can i wire them back to the steering colum if so what wires ie colour of wires to connect to :?:

Post subject: Re: cruise control
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

wasp01 wrote:
hi i have moved the cruise buttons to the console next to t.bar . can i wire them back to the steering colum if so what wires ie colour of wires to connect to :?:

Why did ya move them? I assume that you put another wheel on? the thing is that the wheel has rings that gives you the conectivity if you will from the wheel to the cruise control unit. may be remove your column shroud and have a look at the wires and see if they correspond to the wires that connected to the cruise buttons

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Post subject: Re: cruise control
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

I've just moved the switches on an EA because of a steering wheel swap (I think it was Troyman's idea). There are 3 brass pins that make contact with the back of the steering wheel. The corresponding wires were coloured at yellow, red & white (but maybe different on later models). Using a tester, you could trace the wires to to the plug under the dash as Froudey suggested. Either splice in some new wires just behind the plug or use clip-loks(?) to jump the cruise control wires to the 3 new wires.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]