Dash cluster plastic cover 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Dash cluster plastic cover
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the clear plastic cover on the dash cluster between EB and EF?

I know the clusters themselves are different, as are the plugs on the back, but are the plastic covers different? I have an EB with a broken cover, and the only spare cluster I have to salvage from is out of an EF...

Post subject: Re: Dash cluster plastic cover
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a difference between the clear plastic cover on the dash cluster between EB and EF?

I know the clusters themselves are different, as are the plugs on the back, but are the plastic covers different? I have an EB with a broken cover, and the only spare cluster I have to salvage from is out of an EF...

i'd be asking me if the sports/fairmont is differant to the GLi .... i have a GLi [or two] clusters here with i think good plastic ......

if you canna find what ya want msg me ..... i have at least 3 sports clusters so i should be fine :roll:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

i'd be asking me if the sports/fairmont is differant to the GLi .... i have a GLi [or two] clusters here with i think good plastic ......

if you canna find what ya want msg me ..... i have at least 3 sports clusters so i should be fine :roll:

Thanks mate - the cluster I have with the broken face is I think the mid series - the one with the coolant low indicator, oil pressure, battery and rev counter (I think I pulled it from an old EB2, but this is going back a few years....) the cover from that is certainly the same as the low series from the EA / EB1 as I have interchanged those in the past.

Only problem is postage from OZ is probably fairly pricey - thanks though, I appreciate it.

I see from your profile you have the same car as the one I am doing up....

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

Thanks mate - the cluster I have with the broken face is I think the mid series - the one with the coolant low indicator, oil pressure, battery and rev counter (I think I pulled it from an old EB2, but this is going back a few years....) the cover from that is certainly the same as the low series from the EA / EB1 as I have interchanged those in the past.

Only problem is postage from OZ is probably fairly pricey - thanks though, I appreciate it.

I see from your profile you have the same car as the one I am doing up....

be $$$ if the whole lot was sent to ya ..... but was only think of the front, .... less $$

andd ...... no i don't have the same car ..... i have the car in the top link in me sig. similar color tho :roll:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

be $$$ if the whole lot was sent to ya ..... but was only think of the front, .... less $$

andd ...... no i don't have the same car ..... i have the car in the top link in me sig. similar color tho :roll:

Ah, I just saw the "Ride: '91 EB Wagoon" which is exactly my project.

I would be very keen on that front piece if you are willing to part with one - let me know how much you want for it and what postage will cost and can figure out a way to transfer some money :D

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

Ah, I just saw the "Ride: '91 EB Wagoon" which is exactly my project.

mines just a "plain jane" base model ... with lpg. slowly getting parts for it & have already stripped one for it's parts.

5h4dy wrote:
I would be very keen on that front piece if you are willing to part with one - let me know how much you want for it and what postage will cost and can figure out a way to transfer some money :D

i would not have offered otherwise. postage will depend on how you want it posted & -price will be $5 plus the postage :shock: i have another GLi cluster & a coupla fairmont/ghia as well as the forementioned sprts/fairmont clusters, so should be fine for the fronts :roll:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

i would not have offered otherwise. postage will depend on how you want it posted & -price will be $5 plus the postage :shock: i have another GLi cluster & a coupla fairmont/ghia as well as the forementioned sprts/fairmont clusters, so should be fine for the fronts :roll:

Thanks heaps, I've sent you a PM

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Thanks heaps, I've sent you a PM

replied.

went & looked at a EB GLi the other day too! ..... :lol:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

I miss my EB GLi :( This one I have now is the base model EB1 GL with some modification. It had the CPI engine, but I've changed that now to MPFI and upgraded the dash to the GLi one among other mods

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

I miss my EB GLi :( This one I have now is the base model EB1 GL with some modification. It had the CPI engine, but I've changed that now to MPFI and upgraded the dash to the GLi one among other mods

lol .... thats what i have here :shock: .. was a standard EB1 GLi wagooon. previous owner fitted lpg & helper springs [cut down normal leaf]. also has the CPI engine ... which i will be changing as you did & fit the 'S' dash & wiring looms.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

lol .... thats what i have here :shock: .. was a standard EB1 GLi wagooon. previous owner fitted lpg & helper springs [cut down normal leaf]. also has the CPI engine ... which i will be changing as you did & fit the 'S' dash & wiring looms.

Mine doesn't have the LPG - that's not a common thing here in NZ. The change to MPFI was fairly straight-forward - the only problem I had was the TPS wiring.... Somehow the engine loom I scavenged had the right colours, but they were connected to different things :shock: so when I plugged it together the fuel pump wouldn't work

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:

Mine doesn't have the LPG - that's not a common thing here in NZ. The change to MPFI was fairly straight-forward - the only problem I had was the TPS wiring.... Somehow the engine loom I scavenged had the right colours, but they were connected to different things :shock: so when I plugged it together the fuel pump wouldn't work

i will be using the complete front looms from the 'S' i wrecked which i think i have to change slightly to suit the wagooon. the sedan i looked at was same interior as mine currently is.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

i will be using the complete front looms from the 'S' i wrecked which i think i have to change slightly to suit the wagooon. the sedan i looked at was same interior as mine currently is.

Ah, that will make things easier.... why not take the whole engine and box combo from the S? Weren't they manual?

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Ah, that will make things easier.... why not take the whole engine and box combo from the S? Weren't they manual?

yeah the 'S' was manual, but at the time wasn't wanting the motor [dunno why offhand now other than too much oil on it :roll: ] .... now will be using a EL motor/box [manual] but without the EL intake [using EB intake]

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

yeah the 'S' was manual, but at the time wasn't wanting the motor [dunno why offhand now other than too much oil on it :roll: ] .... now will be using a EL motor/box [manual] but without the EL intake [using EB intake]

Oh, so log manifold.... Is that going to give any great benefits over the EB motor besides the thermos?

I did consider at one stage taking the motor and box out of my EF to put in the wagon, but it's a factory manual EF, and there's not many of those in NZ

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next