Fordmods Logo

Dash mod 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ohk guys, not a question about the engines, but dont wanna start a new thread.

I doubt it but just wannt check, is there any way of making an EF/EL interior (dash) fit into and XH ute?

or does anyone have any picture of the different mods done to an XH or XG dash, cause lets face it they are pretty average looking.

cheers

Pacey 4499 and 2.5 exhaust single muffler

Alpine head unit and front splits
2x kenwood SVC subs, clarion amp, pretty weak setup,but goes good enough for now

20" fairmont rims, if only they existed

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I would be thinking the X series body shells are rather different around the dash mountings to the E series.

Your best bet, is to take a camera, notepad, pen, measuring tape & time to a couple of wrecking yards, find at least one of each with the dash removed & take pics & notes.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:59 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/el-dash- ... 68838.html

el dash in to an xf ute

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39745

I've seen an XH with an EF fairmont interior with console and floor handbrake - the XH door trims need to be retained though. The main issue with the dash is modding it to fit to the demister ducts.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ohk im still toying with the idea, and dont have my ute yet, but is the dash in the xg and xh the same, apart from wiring whih i believe is different. like the mounts and all that are they the same for xg and xh, cause might be easier to fit EB or ED dash....

wat u guys think?

2x kenwood SVC subs, clarion amp, pretty weak setup,but goes good enough for now

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH XR6

QLD, Australia

Im currently gathering parts to do this myself. It's a struggle to find any good quality parts not living near a capital city, which is delaying the start.
So hopefully in a couple of weeks I should be finished with pics.

Did the ED to XG conversion few years back, not to difficult, but my living was to get s**t thats not ment to work to do so.
Like Snap said to get get the demister to fit and work is a bugga.
Handbrake also unknown to me but others on here have done the EL to ED so it's not impssible.
Maybe with the utes having rear leaf suspension a EL wagon diff and handbrake setup might be the go. Im still pondering this one..

Depends how fussy you are aswell, reading the thread Snap posted you can see some of the gaps I had around the dash and pillar covers and door trims.
I modded some ED door trim front bits and pillar trims to neaten this up. unfortunaly my broteer lost te pics of the final product.

But man, just have a go.

Yeah Snap, I blame you for this. :lol:

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yeh hand brake would be a definate for me, even if i kept the xh dash,

and yeh i would have a go, but one i dont have it yet :P and two i would need another ride until i finished it, so even if i did get it i would need to be able to do it over a long weekend or something..

but would be great to find out how you guys go, ill be checking up on this for sure

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

NT, Australia

ashcook wrote:
I think the XG and XH dashs are similar. But the Fire walls are different so maybe there a hidden differences. XG is still the old XF setup and the XH is a mixture between the XG and the EF. I think it realy is going to come down to one of us having a go and trying it out. I already have an EL XR dash I'm going to try it with. I really think it should fit. Just one of those things I actually have to start to do. Soon though. I will keep a track of how it goes and take soem pics along the way.

XH & XG have the same firewall. Snap 0964 should be able to confirm this but I'm pretty sure. The main differences for the XH is forward of the firewall. Having said that the difference between the XF & XE is the firewall has more clearance for a v8 in the XE. The XF's weren't built to accomodate v8s hence the firewall being different.

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]