Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
uglybob wrote:
did a self test - no errors, still the same! :?
So could you hear the BDM actually operating - along with the 'thud' of the door itself ?? Best way to know is to do the test with IGN on, engine not running.
Have you confirmed that you're getting hot water through the heater core?? i.e. both hoses at the firewall feel hot, and if not, checked the heater tap for operation - vacuum is required to turn it off, so pull the vaccy hose while running to confirm ??

yep did the self test with IGN on & engine not running! could hear door moving etc, so all ok there.

haven't put hands in the engine bay yet to see whats warm/what isn't. i need to do a coolant flush so may do heater tap at the same time.

although... when i set it to auto & 32oC the C/C only vents thru the feet - so perhaps it is only designed to heat via the feet?

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

maybe you have dirty mode button on cc module

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

uglybob wrote:
haven't put hands in the engine bay yet to see whats warm/what isn't. i need to do a coolant flush so may do heater tap at the same time.
Yeah, it'll pay to make sure there's no heater core blockages, etc. Iknow you've said you get hot air at feet, but if it's only warm at higher fan speeds, I doubt you're getting full heat from the heatercore.
uglybob wrote:
although... when i set it to auto & 32oC the C/C only vents thru the feet - so perhaps it is only designed to heat via the feet?
Nah, should go through the other vents at some stage - do you get airflow through the other vents when they're selected via manual control ??
When face & feet are selected, you'll only ever get cool air through the face level vents (hot at feet), but face on it's own should be hot when the temp is cranked up.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2