Fordmods Logo

do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 6

Joined: 6th Jun 2015

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Question guys will a xr6/8 custer with the 6 dials in it fit my normal ef that only has the 4 dials????
Or whats needed to make it work or a link if its already been covered thanks hey
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

if you mean the XR style cluster ... yes as it's same basic cluster

as to wiring .... i don't know
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 6

Joined: 6th Jun 2015

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
if you mean the XR style cluster ... yes as it's same basic cluster

as to wiring .... i don't know



Yeah that's what I mean I have the xr8 style dash custer i know that will fit in ...not sure about the wiring either just dont want to pull it all apart to find out it wont work
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 6

Joined: 6th Jun 2015

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
if you mean the XR style cluster ... yes as it's same basic cluster

as to wiring .... i don't know



Yeah that's what I mean I have the xr8 style dash custer i know that will fit in ...not sure about the wiring either just dont want to pull it all apart to find out it wont work
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2448

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

It will mostly work. You'll have to replace your current oil pressure switch with an EF or EL Oil Pressure Sender for the pressure gauge to work, but otherwise It should work fine.

Make sure that your not using a fairmont dash though - the backlighting on Falcons is different to the Fairmonts and Fairlanes

Nigel
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Nigel wrote:
It will mostly work. You'll have to replace your current oil pressure switch with an EF or EL Oil Pressure Sender for the pressure gauge to work, but otherwise It should work fine.

Make sure that your not using a fairmont dash though - the backlighting on Falcons is different to the Fairmonts and Fairlanes

Nigel



realised the sender would need changing but didn't know re wiring
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 6

Joined: 6th Jun 2015

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: rockhampton
QLD, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Nigel wrote:
It will mostly work. You'll have to replace your current oil pressure switch with an EF or EL Oil Pressure Sender for the pressure gauge to work, but otherwise It should work fine.

Make sure that your not using a fairmont dash though - the backlighting on Falcons is different to the Fairmonts and Fairlanes

Nigel



realised the sender would need changing but didn't know re wiring


mines a stock normal EF falcon not fairmont or fairlane is there a link to a tech doc about wiring it ?? or is it more drama than its worth??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: do ef xr6/8 dash Custer fit
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

danno125 wrote:

mines a stock normal EF falcon not fairmont or fairlane is there a link to a tech doc about wiring it ?? or is it more drama than its worth??



i can supply pics of wiring looms, but canna really help with putting it all together not up to speed on the ford wiring] ... how ever try link for wiring help

http://www.fordmods.com/ford-technical-document-changing-instruments-d14
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names