Door Courtesy Light Installation 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Door Courtesy Light Installation
Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF 5Sp Wagon

VIC, Australia

Hey,

I want to install some of those courtesy lights that shine down and say "Ford" on the ground when I open the door, hopefully I'll get an extra 5-10kW out of it, -.- lol

Anyway, the part that I am having trouble with is trying to work out how I can power them, I pulled the door trim off and had a squizz and I found the some 12v power running to the door lock actuator that I could splice into, as well I ran a wire through the conduit to work with the door switch.

Maybe I am having a day of retardation or I am just retarded but the switch is a strange switch, it appears to always have 10V of power running through it and when the door opens it grounds a a positive? wut.

So, unless there is a way I can do it with that still, would there a particularly easy way to just splice it into the main interior light? I am not sure which wire that is.

Hopefully that made a little bit of sense and someone is able to make out what I am saying, lol.
Forgot to mention as well, it's an EF GLi Wagon and there is no ignition light to go into, I had a look after reading a doc.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Door Courtesy Light Installation
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1998 XH Ford Ute

NSW, Australia

G'Day,

Just wondering what the end verdict was with your scenario ???? I have done the same thing with my XH ute BUT wired it to my door light switch BUT it works opposite to my interior light lol so I posted in this forum and hopefully someone will be able to give me some help

Cheer s

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]