Fordmods Logo

Door locking problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Door locking problems
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

ok i have no idea where to post this thread...

Anyway sometimes (like 1 out of 30 or more) when I lock my dors with the remote the doors lock but when my lights give the “locked flashâ€￾ they just keep flashing???
The doors lock fine, and the locks don’t get stuck in the locked/unlock cycle but the lights just flash… its dam strange.
And the bad thing it freaks out my alarm and sets it off when I lock my car :( so my alarm is currently off… :shock:

Oh and when I unlock and relock the doors it "usually" is fine.

Thanks! :D

Regency Red EL Fairmont - PH4480 - 2.5" exhaust - High flow cat/muffler - K&N panel filter - Mandrel bent air intake - T series intake - wade 1604 cam - 98 EL XR6 ECU - Whiteline lows - 17" ROH RT's - Koni yellows - DBA Slotted's - Green Stuff pads
NEED: LSD, chiptorque

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

big bump... :(

Regency Red EL Fairmont - PH4480 - 2.5" exhaust - High flow cat/muffler - K&N panel filter - Mandrel bent air intake - T series intake - wade 1604 cam - 98 EL XR6 ECU - Whiteline lows - 17" ROH RT's - Koni yellows - DBA Slotted's - Green Stuff pads

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Mako, do a search on this topic, there is thousand of posts about this.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i have searched... :(

Heaps of posts about the locks cycling, or a lock not locking, but my locks don’t.
All the door locks lock ok, no continuing noises from any of the lock motors and they all stay locked but the lights just flash.
I’m going to shoot my self I say lock again.

From the threads I have read no-one has the same symptom... or maybe i am blind that is a good possibility :?

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XR8 AUII Pursuit Ute

QLD, Australia

same with me, this problem just started today doors lock ok but the interior stays on and it not the switch on the dash keeping it on. will be checking it out tonight, will keep you posted

Petrol prices are a b**ch!!!

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Mako wrote:
i have searched... Heaps of posts about the locks cycling, or a lock not locking, but my locks don’t.All the door locks lock ok, no continuing noises from any of the lock motors and they all stay locked but the lights just flash.I’m going to shoot my self I say lock again.From the threads I have read no-one has the same symptom... or maybe i am blind that is a good possibility :?
I think you're correct - I've replied to a lot of these type of threads, and I can't say I recall an issue with indicators continually flashing coming up previously. I'm assuming you have a 3rd party alarm fitted: 1. Unlock the car with the alarm keyfob, open a door to ensure the alarm doesn't self lock - this is essentially having the alarm disarmed. 2. Pull out your old smartlock keyfob, and use it to lock/unlock your car. 3. Use your smartlock keyfob for a week or so, and see if the fault disappears - if so, there is an issue with the alarm. N.B. Some alarms make the indicators flash on a door open condition, so it may be better to disable power to the alarm while you're using smartlock on it's own.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Electroboy wrote:
same with me, this problem just started today doors lock ok but the interior stays on and it not the switch on the dash keeping it on. will be checking it out tonight, will keep you posted
I'm assuming you have an alarm fitted also (Do you ??):
I disconnected the earth for my alarm when I was doing some wiring, and I found the interior lights would stay on with all doors closed - this condition reverted to normal when I reconnected the earth. I suspect this may have been caused by the doors open trigger line on the alarm. Your problem and Mako's problem may be related in this respect, and I think the only way to check this out is to remove power from your alarm, and see if the problem disappears. Most alarms when locked, may not switch off internal lights immediately like smartlock does, because they're not wired to the BEM, the lights simply extinguish through the normal 20 sec delay after all doors are closed.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Electroboy wrote:
I'm assuming you have an alarm fitted also (Do you ??):
I disconnected the earth for my alarm when I was doing some wiring, and I found the interior lights would stay on with all doors closed - this condition reverted to normal when I reconnected the earth. I suspect this may have been caused by the doors open trigger line on the alarm. Your problem and Mako's problem may be related in this respect, and I think the only way to check this out is to remove power from your alarm, and see if the problem disappears. Most alarms when locked, may not switch off internal lights immediately like smartlock does, because they're not wired to the BEM, the lights simply extinguish through the normal 20 sec delay after all doors are closed.

that was one of the first things i checked for, but it wasn't that, it was a low resistance to earth fault in the passenger door lock switch, lucky i had one from a lock i had pulled out of my other AU.

only took me ten minutes to find the fault.

if it had taken me any longer i couldn't call myself an alarm tec 8-)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

I apologise, I misread thhe topic.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yea mine is a pain in the a***... :shock:
It’s a third party alarm (non ford) that jumpers onto the standard bem?
i.e. I use my ford keyfobs, it was installed by the person before me at a car audio joint in Frankston. IIRC it’s a hornet t700 or something like that.

I have had the alarm turned off for a while now since when the lights start to flash it freaks out the alarm and starts screaming…

The main problem is that it does it every 20-30 locks (maybe more/maybe less) and I can’t find a pattern when it does it. So I can unplug/change whatever but then I can’t get the car to flash anyway…

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Electroboy wrote:
only took me ten minutes to find the fault. if it had taken me any longer i couldn't call myself an alarm tec 8-)
Congratulations - Please contribute to the forum and give a few suggestions as to what Mako can do to check his alarm out.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Mako wrote:
Yea mine is a pain in the a***... :shock: It’s a third party alarm (non ford) that jumpers onto the standard bem?i.e. I use my ford keyfobs, it was installed by the person before me at a car audio joint in Frankston. IIRC it’s a hornet t700 or something like that.I have had the alarm turned off for a while now since when the lights start to flash it freaks out the alarm and starts screaming…The main problem is that it does it every 20-30 locks (maybe more/maybe less) and I can’t find a pattern when it does it. So I can unplug/change whatever but then I can’t get the car to flash anyway…
I wonder if your shock sensor (and any other sensors)has it's sensitivity adjusted a little too high - if it is adjustable and you can find it, you could mark the current setting and turn the sensitivity down, and see if this clears the problem - I've found this can create some issues with triggering the alarm.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Electroboy wrote:
only took me ten minutes to find the fault. if it had taken me any longer i couldn't call myself an alarm tec 8-)
Congratulations - Please contribute to the forum and give a few suggestions as to what Mako can do to check his alarm out.

Congratulations if you had been reading this thread you would have seen that i already have in fixing my own fault. thats something for him to check on his.

Mako if your alarm is more than five years old upgrade it, most alarms screw up after this time as no alarm on the market is made to outlast you car and from what i've seen the model you have isn't the best quallity for endurance.

if you do decide to upgade, get an alarm with its own remotes don't use the factory remotes (its more secure)

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:39 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Electroboy wrote:
Congratulations if you had been reading this thread you would have seen that i already have in fixing my own fault.
Okay calm down . . .That's what the congratulations were for, and being an Alarm Tech, you have more to offer. . . . :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]