Fordmods Logo

door locking switch on dash facia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: door locking switch on dash facia
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

i've recently had troubles with my central locking, ill press the button and the doors wont lock or unlock, the indicators just flash. Also the interior lights have stopped working when the central locking does, they dont turn on when the doors are opened. Im thinking the two might be connected.

Anyhow today i tried to use the door lock switch on the dash, and nothing happened, got home and found it wasnt plugged in properly, plugged it in and the switch works again, so does central locking ,and so do the lights.

What im asking is, if that switch wasnt connected, would that play havoc on the central locking and interior lights?

Cheers, Luke.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Post subject: Re: door locking switch on dash facia
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
i've recently had troubles with my central locking, ill press the button and the doors wont lock or unlock, the indicators just flash. Also the interior lights have stopped working when the central locking does, they dont turn on when the doors are opened. Im thinking the two might be connected.

Anyhow today i tried to use the door lock switch on the dash, and nothing happened, got home and found it wasnt plugged in properly, plugged it in and the switch works again, so does central locking ,and so do the lights.

What im asking is, if that switch wasnt connected, would that play havoc on the central locking and interior lights?

Cheers, Luke.

I don't have mine plugged in and I don't have an issue. The switch is normally open so it won't effect anything by it being disconnected. The only thing I can think of is that if perhaps it was shorting out to ground. Try unplugging it again and see if it plays up again.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Post subject: Re: door locking switch on dash facia
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

twason wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

Cheers, Luke.

I don't have mine plugged in and I don't have an issue. The switch is normally open so it won't effect anything by it being disconnected. The only thing I can think of is that if perhaps it was shorting out to ground. Try unplugging it again and see if it plays up again.

nah, its working now. when it stops working ill fiddle with it, for now i might just leave it working ;)

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]