Fordmods Logo

door trim help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: door trim help
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ed xr6 nd ef

VIC, Australia

hey all ive just put fairlane trims in my fairmont i also swapped all the door wiring harness's over as well so later i can put the fairlane cluster in but wat i was wondering is how i get the door trim interior lights like near the map pockets to come on my car is a 94 ef fairmont if that helps

Post subject: Re: door trim help
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

shouldnt be to hard if youve already put the door looms in and plugged the lights into the loom. you'll just need to run a wire from a foot well light to a wire in each door (only the positive i assume as itl probably allready have a negative wired in) they wont be working now because id assume the fairmont ghia uses a differend H loom to the fairmont.

also why are you putting in a fairlane cluster it should be the same as the fairmont, they both have individual door ajar lights? and volts and oil pressure... if its just different fonts etc you shouldnt need any wiring changes(apart from the odo)

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:26 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ed xr6 nd ef

VIC, Australia

fairlane have door ajar fuel flap open brake lights out fairmont doesnt and a better looking cluster as for the light help thanks

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

personally what i did is got the extra pins out the the floor loom side from a fairlane, soldered on extenstions you'll need 2 or 3 wires comeing from the door. actuall you should only need 2 bu you may have to hack the door loom as I believe he have earts runing ut out.

for the light i believe their negative witching so i believe you'll need to tap into the negtive wire off the footwell courtesy lights., and I believe the positve feed will already be jumped of something else inthe door loom.
and you'll need to tap the rear door sensor in to an earth wire, and just send the other one up to the cluster. power windows will give you an earth inside the door I think.

But get the multi meter out and check everything as you go, as this isn't all how i did it it, as I picked up a few ideas well doing it.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:46 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: BFII Fairmont Ghia, Silver

VIC, Australia

shaggy09 wrote:
fairlane have door ajar fuel flap open brake lights out fairmont doesnt and a better looking cluster as for the light help thanks

NF, DF and NL, DL cluster also shows the position of the gear shifter with an illuminated letter.
Different fount (font to Americans) too. :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]