Doors stopped locking 

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Doors stopped locking
Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

DARK_EF wrote:
Okay I'm with you now. I have another issue I'm stuck with though. I'm getting lost with what I do with the BEM and the new plug that comes with the locking system.

Do I cut the Red with Yellow Stripe & Yellow with Black Stripe (on the BEM) and attach the Brown & White (from the new Clip) respectively?
If so, why is there only two (Yellow Stripe & Yellow with Black Stripe) but 4 Brown & White? (2 of each.)

Sorry to bug you about it, but auto electrics isn't my strong point.

when you get the kit you will see you have a set of white and brown that go no were (ignore them)

Brown <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Red with Yellow Stripe
White <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Yellow with Black Stripe

i think mine was the other way around but youll have to test it your self when you lock the car if the blinkers blink twice or once (twice means its locked once means its unlocked your interior lights should also turn on if you use the remote to unlock)

i just stripped the wires with a stanley knife and wrapped them around the wires they are meant to be with and once i got the wires around the correct way and had it confirmed it was correct i solidered it up then tapped them up

i didnt do the

Green <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Yellow with Black Stripe
Blue <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Red with Yellow Stripe

because i couldnt get that to work and its easier just to run the steel mate wires from the kit instead of sitting there fiddling with those wires and getting no were

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Last edited by Fordsrule174 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II XR6

VIC, Australia

Ahh I see! Thanks mate, appreciate it.
Got the kit, will start wiring it tomorrow and hopefully it'll all come together.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Okay, here's where I'm stuck and confused.

I've taken the plug from the new central locking hit, cut the brown and white wires and attached them to the Red (with yellow stripe) and Yellow (with black stripe) wires that are coming out of the BEM.
Then, I took the Green and Blue wires and attached them to the other side of the cut Red and Yellow wires that I just cut.

Now, I'm lost with the drivers door. Do I take the new wiring (Has 5 wires: Blue, Green, Brown, White, Black) through the car and into the driver's door?

Once this is done, Do I just plug them directly into the new lock (that has the 5 matching wire connectors)? Do I use any of the factory wiring in the drivers door?

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

DARK_EF wrote:
Okay, here's where I'm stuck and confused.

I've taken the plug from the new central locking hit, cut the brown and white wires and attached them to the Red (with yellow stripe) and Yellow (with black stripe) wires that are coming out of the BEM.
Then, I took the Green and Blue wires and attached them to the other side of the cut Red and Yellow wires that I just cut.

Now, I'm lost with the drivers door. Do I take the new wiring (Has 5 wires: Blue, Green, Brown, White, Black) through the car and into the driver's door?

Once this is done, Do I just plug them directly into the new lock (that has the 5 matching wire connectors)? Do I use any of the factory wiring in the drivers door?

you dont have to attach the blue and green to the red and yellow (i found it causes more troubles than it saves) and if your going to use the steelmate wiring dont even bother with the green and blue to the red and yellow

you didnt cut off the wires from the steelmate control did u ?

they have to be attached to the steelmate central lock control unit and to the BEM
Brown <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Red with Yellow Stripe
White <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > Yellow with Black Stripe

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

No I haven't cut anything yet. I get what you mean about the green and blue wires, I'm just going to run the entire new wiring to all doors.

How do you attach the BEM red and yellow wires to the new control unit?

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

So how do I connect these up? Do you need to plug the new cables into the black box?
And how do you connect it to the BEM?

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

just connect up the blackbox like you would normally getting power etc running wires everwere to the doors etc

but just get a stanley knife and shave off about 2cm of the protective rubber thats over the wires (dont cut it just strip it and line up the spot ur going to strip so it comes near the BEMs wires and do the same just strip the bem wires) then just wrap them around each other with the correct colours to the correct colours once youve install all the central locking test the connection to the BEM by unlocking and locking the car with your remote and seing if all the doors unlock when the cars blinkers blink just once (check all the doors) and make sure the car locks when the blinkers blink twice once youve got it all correct solder the BEM and the wires coming out of the black box and tap them up to prevent them from touching each other and shorting out

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate, appreciate it. I did exactly what you just mentioned, I'm just waiting for my car battery to charge (as the car has been in garage for a few months.)

Do you need to disconnect all the old motors before you do the test? I've currently only got the drivers door factory lock unplugged.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

DARK_EF wrote:
Thanks mate, appreciate it. I did exactly what you just mentioned, I'm just waiting for my car battery to charge (as the car has been in garage for a few months.)

Do you need to disconnect all the old motors before you do the test? I've currently only got the drivers door factory lock unplugged.

its best to unplug the factory ones before the test as the old ones may make it do a cycle

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Thanks a lot mate, your input has been very helpful. Should have the new locks in and running soon :)

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

In regards to a power source, where's the best place to get a constant source?
I've got a DVD player in the car (not a factory head unit) and that only works when the ignition is on. (so I'm assuming that's not a constant source.)

Is there any where close by that's a good power source?

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i got my power from my headunit as there is a constant power source there

from the factory loom of your headunit there should be a black wire with a pink stripe down it that is constant power and youve got your solid black for ground or negative power

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Okay, So ran into a problem.

First of all, I couldn't get the BEM and new unit to reach close enough, so I cut some wire that wasn't need and used them to connect the BEM to the new unit. See image below.

However, I used the lock at it seemed to be working. The new unit makes a sort of ... spark/electric sound inside the actual box, is this normal?
The problem though, I had the original master door still connected. Once I unplugged this the new motors did not work at all.
Any idea what's going on? I'm now stuck.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

DARK_EF wrote:
Okay, So ran into a problem.

First of all, I couldn't get the BEM and new unit to reach close enough, so I cut some wire that wasn't need and used them to connect the BEM to the new unit. See image below.

However, I used the lock at it seemed to be working. The new unit makes a sort of ... spark/electric sound inside the actual box, is this normal?
The problem though, I had the original master door still connected. Once I unplugged this the new motors did not work at all.
Any idea what's going on? I'm now stuck.

a sharp tick like electric noise is normal (if it sounds like a buzzing noise like when electricity jumps through the air is not normal)
and that way of wiring it up is fine

what your prob experiencing there is only one of the steel mate doors has a master control ability to tell the others what to do (preferably should be the drivers side) it has the 5 wires instead of the 2 like the rest this motor needs to be hooked up for the system to work

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I have the 5 wires from the motor connected to the 5 joints from the new unit.
I also have the other 3 doors connected to the system as well.

When the factory master lock is still plugged, the new locks work (but with that electric sound.)
When the factory master lock is unplugged, the new locks don't work at all.

What would you recommend trying?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next