DULL CLUSTER 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: DULL CLUSTER
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Will be interested to see how you go as I picked up a white background for my NF and at night it seems bloody dull, I know it's partially because its a bodgey backing!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon EA

VIC, Australia

tried taking a picture but it was off my phone and was pathetic quality so i didnt bother to upload it. ill take one with a camera later tonight and then upload it.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:32 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

this is what im using in the ed.. they are a 5 way smd led t10 globe..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0793979141

this is mine...
Attachment:
ABCD0004.JPG
ABCD0004.JPG [ 263.29 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Troyman. Your dash lights up good. Is that the camera that illuminates the red needles? I thought that red / orange needles don't light up well with blue LEDs.
Ill purchase some of the ones u have but in t5. I have so many blue LEDs and all of them are dull.

Do u think a led with a focused or wide/spread beam will light up the dash Brighter??

I always thought it would be a focused LED because the light would beam into the glass plastic stuff inside the dash then carry it to all the needles. But seems that a wide spread led beam works better ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon EA

VIC, Australia

http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID ... rm=KEYWORD

these are the leds i bought from jaycar (white ones)

At night time
Attachment:
php7dREDBAM.jpg
php7dREDBAM.jpg [ 64.83 KiB | Viewed 173 times ]

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:51 am 

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Troyman. Your dash lights up good. Is that the camera that illuminates the red needles? I thought that red / orange needles don't light up well with blue LEDs.
Ill purchase some of the ones u have but in t5. I have so many blue LEDs and all of them are dull.

Do u think a led with a focused or wide/spread beam will light up the dash Brighter??

I always thought it would be a focused LED because the light would beam into the glass plastic stuff inside the dash then carry it to all the needles. But seems that a wide spread led beam works better ??

the needles on mine are lit up by a white led strip thats on top of the cluster facing downwards through the section thats normally lit up by the cluster lights..

im not sure the ef/el clusters are different design wise??, the ea/ed clusters work better with wide spread light as they have a clear plastic lens that the light travels through to light up the whole cluster...

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I think the Ef/el have a different design. Or similar ??
In my cluster I have a clear lens plate. The LEDs beam is refracted via mirrors like faces . The SMD LEDs I had were good they lit up everything bright except the oil pressure needle and volts needle . Everything else was bright and well lit except the oil and volts.

So Its as if the LEDs aren't refracting up to the oil and volts
Anyone else had similar issues ??

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1992 eb fairmont classic

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
ef_falcon_95 wrote:

the needles on mine are lit up by a white led strip thats on top of the cluster facing downwards through the section thats normally lit up by the cluster lights..

im not sure the ef/el clusters are different design wise??, the ea/ed clusters work better with wide spread light as they have a clear plastic lens that the light travels through to light up the whole cluster...

i got 6 LEDS in 1 bulb and there still dull as im not sure what king of beam they are as there is no glass focus thing on them they just look like the same setup as torches u buy and i cant even see my needles properly at night should i change the colour of my needles as they are orange and look s**t haha need some help i dnt really wanna put the standard YELLOW bulbs back in

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:42 pm 

NSW, Australia

as i posted before, you need this type http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0848079391

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i brought 12000 mcd blue leds. i just gotta solder on a resistor then solder them into a bulb holder. my mate brought them ages ago and i grabbed a few for my dash and it lit up heaps bright, they were the best leds ive had, so ill see how they go this time, when they arrive

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1992 eb fairmont classic

NSW, Australia

EA-SPAC-88 wrote:
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZD0394&keywords=t10&form=KEYWORD

these are the leds i bought from jaycar (white ones)

At night time
Attachment:
php7dREDBAM.jpg

where do u get those inserts for the cluster from? and the needle covers?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2