E Series central locking 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: E Series central locking
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey all, I am wondering if the central locking actuaters in the ed is the same accross the whole e series, as mine are dancing and am wanting to replace the front 2 to see if it makes a difference

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

just get the Jaycar actuators, they are cheaper than the E-series parts

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Are they a direct replacement wiring etc

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

no! look in the techncial document, its not that complicated to install, just a bit of effort to make it look factory!

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

The E series actuators are all interchangeable (except EB/ED wagon tailgate ones) - EL's did get some revisions to reduce cycling, but didn't eliminate this condition.
Fitting aftermarket actuators are certainly worth the effort - if you bid wisely on Ebay, you'll pick them up cheaper than Jaycar kits, which are pretty much the same.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I replaced the actuators in my ED Futura sedan a week ago with the Jaycar system. Not hard but time consuming and fiddely. I still need to do some research on the proper wiring as the only thing that doesnt work now is the dash mounted lock/unlock button.
I think i wired the system into the smartlock before the dash switch and need to see if there is a better way of wiring it in. Other than that, it works great and is heaps better than the factory. Much quieter and quicker.

PS. If anyone is interested, i have 4 factory door actuators, the drivers side one i think has a problem, but the others work fine. No plugs though, i used the originals.

Cheers.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:58 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

bbd71 wrote:
I still need to do some research on the proper wiring as the only thing that doesnt work now is the dash mounted lock/unlock button.
I think i wired the system into the smartlock before the dash switch and need to see if there is a better way of wiring it in.
Find the red/yellow & yellow/black wires from your BEM, cut them, run the BEM wires to the aftermarket relay box, use the other cut ends to connect to the actuator blue/green wires.
You'll then find your dash switch/keyfob will work - you need at least one actuator to be wired up as a master (5 wires).

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

According to Ford the actuators over the E series were different, eb/d were different to ef and el, as the later ones cycle faster or something. So apparently may work to replace all 4 with ef ones, but he couldn't guarentee it would work(ford still have ef ones in stock)

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
bbd71 wrote:
I still need to do some research on the proper wiring as the only thing that doesnt work now is the dash mounted lock/unlock button.
I think i wired the system into the smartlock before the dash switch and need to see if there is a better way of wiring it in.
Find the red/yellow & yellow/black wires from your BEM, cut them, run the BEM wires to the aftermarket relay box, use the other cut ends to connect to the actuator blue/green wires.
You'll then find your dash switch/keyfob will work - you need at least one actuator to be wired up as a master (5 wires).

There are no red or yellow wires running from the BEM or smartlock module as stated in the tech doco that correspond to the central locking on my car. There are red and yellow wires going to each door, but they must come from somewhere and its not the BEM or smartlock module.It took me 2 hours of searching for the plugs and wires. I have wired the central locking module to 2 pink wires coming from the smartlock module which, according to the repair manual i have, are the wires for the central locking. I need to do some more research about the central locking wiring.
If anyone else can help, i would be grateful.

Cheers.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

The dash switch wires are pink/orange, pink/black & black.

You need to tap in downstream - best spot will be around the drivers kickpanel area, find where the lock and unlock lines branch off to the drivers door, and the other doors.
My manual says these lines are RY and YB, just like the later E series.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:39 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Thanks Snap, thats what i was thinking. When i get the chance i am going to get under the dash and have a good look.

Cheers.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

NP

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6 5sp

VIC, Australia

Mine are starting to play up...
Is this the correct kit?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... &SUBCATID=

... or doesnt it matter? are they all basicly the same?

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Yep, thats the kit i bought.

Cheers.

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR6 5sp

VIC, Australia

Apart from fixing the problem... are they as good as people say?... in the way of being quicker and more quiet?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next