Fordmods Logo

EB Boot lid mod 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 25

Joined: 30th Sep 2010

Ride: EB Falcon S-Pack 1993

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

hi guys
has anyone put gas struts on an eb boot lid? when my gas conversion was done they forgot to put the spring back on the boot so it always slams now unless im carefull, so was going to try to put gas struts on lid instead,

has anyone done this before?? :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

wezzo2010 wrote:
hi guys
has anyone put gas struts on an eb boot lid? when my gas conversion was done they forgot to put the spring back on the boot so it always slams now unless im carefull, so was going to try to put gas struts on lid instead,

has anyone done this before?? :D



spring???? ... car HAD gas struts when built. there's one either side of boot ... are kinda renowned for breaking mounts at rear of rear seat tho
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 25

Joined: 30th Sep 2010

Ride: EB Falcon S-Pack 1993

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
wezzo2010 wrote:
hi guys
has anyone put gas struts on an eb boot lid? when my gas conversion was done they forgot to put the spring back on the boot so it always slams now unless im carefull, so was going to try to put gas struts on lid instead,

has anyone done this before?? :D



spring???? ... car HAD gas struts when built. there's one either side of boot ... are kinda renowned for breaking mounts at rear of rear seat tho


Def had no struts on this model. It had a metal rod going from 1 hinge to the other acting as a spring. Eb 2 spac
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

wezzo2010 wrote:
[
Def had no struts on this model. It had a metal rod going from 1 hinge to the other acting as a spring. Eb 2 spac



if i remember tomorrow ... i'll take a pic of my EB2 Spack & show ya :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 25

Joined: 30th Sep 2010

Ride: EB Falcon S-Pack 1993

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
wezzo2010 wrote:
[
Def had no struts on this model. It had a metal rod going from 1 hinge to the other acting as a spring. Eb 2 spac



if i remember tomorrow ... i'll take a pic of my EB2 Spack & show ya :mrgreen:



Sweet cheers mate. Ill check mine out too
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2750

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

sorry i took soo long.....


link will show what i mentioned previously re gas struts ... this is from a EB2 S pack

http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/mad2_ ... rd%20Sedan


that IS what the factory used.



cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EB Boot lid mod
Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 250

Joined: 12th Jun 2005

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: BA XR6T, 93 EB XR8, ZJ 351

Location: Nelson Bay
NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
sorry i took soo long.....


link will show what i mentioned previously re gas struts ... this is from a EB2 S pack

http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/mad2_ ... rd%20Sedan


that IS what the factory used.



cheers

That's how my EB 2 is, same as my EA and ED before it.

 

_________________

93 EB S-XR8 5 SPEED,
EBGT RIMS, AU MAF, AU T/B, BOXED POD, CAI,
ELGT EXTRACTORS & SPRINT EXHAUST

BAXR6T Lowered, Kompact BOV thats all....so far
ZJ 351 Fairlane, a work in "slow" progress

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names