Fordmods Logo

EB Series One Alarm Hook Up to Central Locking??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EB Series One Alarm Hook Up to Central Locking???
Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EB

VIC, Australia

Hi guys, just brought a cheap alarm with remote central locking capabilities and plan to hook it up to the EB Series 1 central locking system. My question being is this in fact possible and if so how easy or difficult is it to do? Just really want the convenience of remote central locking. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheerz

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:15 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I fitted one to a pre smartlock EBII wagon a couple of years ago - not really difficult, if you have some electrical knowledge, and can read a diagram.
Add the immobilisation features - it is worth it, and you can customise/set it up the way you want to.
You can add alarm protection to the boot by running a wire from the boot switch side of the boot light to the drivers side rear door courtesy light switch - add a diode in the line - the interior light and boot should come on when the boot is opened, and interior light only when a door is opened.
This is only needed if the alarm uses the courtesy light switches, and doesn't monitor battery voltage.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yeah thanks for that mate, i was hoping i hadn't jumped the gun in assuming that i'd be able to tap into the factory central locking. So there is hope yet not too bad with wiring and reading diagrams etc, so gonna give it a shot next weekend. Any idea where i could get ford wiring diagrams, or would a multi meter and some patience do the trick? Cheers

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Falcon

Power: 113 rwkw

NSW, Australia

gottabeaford wrote:
Yeah thanks for that mate, i was hoping i hadn't jumped the gun in assuming that i'd be able to tap into the factory central locking. So there is hope yet not too bad with wiring and reading diagrams etc, so gonna give it a shot next weekend. Any idea where i could get ford wiring diagrams, or would a multi meter and some patience do the trick? Cheers

you can as mine is, mine is pre smartlock, i had my old moss alarm removed and a rhino put in its place and it work with the central locking.

how i dont know i didnt install the alarm

BANNED

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

gottabeaford wrote:
Any idea where i could get ford wiring diagrams, or would a multi meter and some patience do the trick? Cheers
Get yourself a Gregory's EA/EBI shop manual, handy for the diagrams and the other mechanical stuff.
A multimeter would be handy.
Key thing to note is that falcons use -ve triggering for the central locking - your alarm documentation should cover this.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yes going to grab a manual this weekend before attempting the alarm / remote central locking conversion next week end, whats the worse that could happen, stuff it up and have to pay somebody to do the installations anyway, i can live with that. Anyhow thanks for the tips guys. Cheerz

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]