Fordmods Logo

ED Climate Control Upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: ED Climate Control Upgrade
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 08 BF MK11 Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Is there anybody in brisbane that has done the climate control conversion in an ED Falcon? As i dont trust myself and i would love some help doing it from somebody that know what they are doin!

Also If i just get the heater box out of an car with climate control is it as easy as putting it and and puttin the ambiante temp sensor in and put the CC unti in and hey presto? Of couurse i will have to regas the system, or is there more to it? I would love to hear from ppl that have done it both ways!

Daniel

Post subject: Climate Control Conversion
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:43 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Hey Buddy, I have done the conversion on my ED Futura. I live in SA. Heater box is the same, Engine wiring is the same, Change the dash loom to Fairmont or Fairmont Ghia. There are three sensors that you need. One on the front next to the radiator, one on the thermostat housing and one on the front windscreen panel on the dash. You will need to completely pull your dash apart to install the loom. All connections for the engine wiring are the same. The fan resitate has to come out for the fan controll to go in, also the control for hot and cold is done by a motor which sits on top of the heater box. this one is hard to get to. You can put in Rivets one one side or to install correctly, take out the heater box. Your build date is important with this conversion because there are several changes in the climate control. Would pay to get the whole lot from the one car. Hope this helps!!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]