Fordmods Logo

ED dash help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: ED dash help
Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:13 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

hey guys,
im looking at taking my ED dash apart to paint it (duno what colour at da moment, any good ideas?). Before i start, how does it all come off? what im talking about is the cover just behind the steering wheel and infront of the cluster, around the air con controls, around the clock, above and below the CD player and the ashtray. Does each bit come off in a sequence, like the cluster part first which leads to screws to the next part?
any help is appreciated, thanks

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ED Futrua Classic - Manual

NSW, Australia

theres three screws holding the surround around the cluster on the under-side of the top of the cluster (if that makes sense). once you take them out, the surround will come out. theres four screw (one in each corner) holding the cluster in. once the surround is out, you will see all the screws you need to take the cc and vents/clock bit out .. not that difficult.

theres two screws holding the radio/ashtray surround on the top of this surround, take these out it will slide out.

im almost done re-spraying my dash & trims (after taken everything out, OMG what a job!!), so if there anything else you need, let me know.

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

Also, the shifter surround just lifts straight up. Pull up the rear first, and make sure the end of the slider is above the console, then shift the gear stick back into 3 or something so it clears the front. Then turn the nut on the bottom of the gearstick (auto) clockwise a small way, then turn the gearstick anti clockwise to remove. Also, theres one screw inside the small triangle compartment on the vent panel.

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:41 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

orite great that doesnt seem 2 bad, i just wanted a fair idea before i taskled it, thanks if i have any probs il PM ya, thanks mate

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

I'm taking the dash out of my DC LTD in the next month or so. Thinking of taking pics and s**t as i go including where all the bolts are as this question is asked to many times

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
I'm taking the dash out of my DC LTD in the next month or so. Thinking of taking pics and s**t as i go including where all the bolts are as this question is asked to many times

thats a good idea, it would help alot of ppl out and save the question being asked so much,cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]