Fordmods Logo

EF Climate control.....Again??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB2 Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hmmm...Cleaned the p.c.b board and the backs of the rubber buttons but still no temp function? Tho the others seem to work a little better now? Wot next???

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: FGX G6ET

NSW, Australia

so when you press the button it does nothing on the screen?

There is a diagnostic test you can try, but I still suspect the button contacts...

Test: http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=9

Do the button contacts look worn at all? maybe try swapping the button with another one temporarily to try it...

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey Scotsman i just got car to running temp and used diagnostic test which it appeared and sounded top run thru but no error codes came up??? But it now seems to automatically set itself to 22 degrees and will lower the temp using the down temp button but it won't go up in temp from the 22 degs??? Is the c/c unit faulty???

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Resolder the pins where the module meets the screen board.
The pins that are exposed foul on the plastic casing, and then in return with vibration flatten the solder joints and short out .

So either hit it with a soldering iron, or scratch between the pins.

I hope this helps

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ye Haaa! Tried cleaning the little rubber pads on the backs off the buttons and also the contacts on the p.c.b with brake cleaner on a rag and 'vuala' she works a treat......No wonder the test was showing no faults.....I always thought it was the board not getting a ciruit properly! Funny how the little pads make contact on only a few of the tracks for each function tho? And how does the rubber conduct??? Anyways i'm real happy cos r.w.c is on friday!!! Thanks for the help everyone :D

Last edited by BlkEB2 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

BlkEB2 wrote:
Ye Haaa! Tried cleaning the little rubber pads on the backs off the buttons and also the contacts on the p.c.b with brake cleaner on a rag an 'vuala' she works a treat......No wonder the test was showing no faults.....I always thought it was the board not getting a ciruit properly! Funny how the little pads make contact6 on only a few of the tracks for each function tho? And how does rubber conduct??? Anyways i'm real happy cos r.w.c is on friday!!!

The rubber is impregnated with something like carbon etc, like remotes and kids toys etc.

To the others that posted about the vacuum hose falling off the heater tap causing the heater to not work, it works the other way round, no vacuum to the tap and the heater will be stuck on, you will find most vehicles that use vacuum to open and close a heater tap use vacuum to close the tap not open. On the other hand the tap can jam close, but it is more likely to jam open due to rust, crud etc

Same as if you loose vacuum to your dash controls the vents open to fresh air and direct air to the windscreen, the heater taps then opens, it is basically for safety, hot air is needed to demist the windscreen, so the fail safe is to direct fresh hot air to the windscreen.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:57 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Well ye that would make sense! So the rubber is impregnated with carbon hey.......well i'll be.....Amaaaazing sorta stuff!!! :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2