Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ef Climate control and power window drama
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

POWER WINDOW:
I went to inspect why the front passenger power window wont wind up and it turns out that the reg has been replaced at one point of time...... and the reason the window has trouble winding up is because it seems the window when going down doesnt follow the channel. It gets about 3 to 5cm down and then it makes a popping sound and once the popping sound is heard the glass tilts towards the front of the car. Obviously who ever has installed it has done a poor job, but insead of me removing the whole assembly ( if not needed) does anyone know what the problem would be i.e bolt not aligned or loose bolt? I just dont want to remove the lot unless I have to so if someone has experienced this problem before and knows how to fix it I would be thankful.
CLIMATE CONTROL:
Next I am having air blow constantly out of the hole on the bottom of the climate control fascia, is this normal? I have replace the unit and it still does it, but I did remove the dusty s**t from behind the hole so is that fluff crap suppose to be there? I also am constantly getting air through the demister vent when the climate control is switched to other vents, is this a whole heater box replacement or can it be fixed without removing the heater box entirely?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]