Fordmods Logo

EF Climate control conversion Question. 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF Climate control conversion Question.
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

Well the climate control conversion is well under way, dash out heaterbox modified, BDM, solenoids and fan controller all in. The tech documentation is a bit sketchy but when you are under way it all makes sense. I found an easier way to mount the BDM, if you peel down the insulation and remove the felt from the rear with a knife this then alows the BDM to go in without too much force and interfrence from the insulation and also the job looks neat.

I have mounted the BDM only using the two rear screws and not worried about the front one, has any one else done it this way and if so any issues?

I have also discovered that the flap that controls air to the back is a bit sticky and in fact won't close completely, I am going to leave it like that as a fix requires the air box to come out. I am hoping the kids can just clse the vents at the back.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Damn dude, what was your car, originally? lol. Looks like you've done a heap to it.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF Climate control conversion Question.
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:55 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

twason wrote:
I have mounted the BDM only using the two rear screws and not worried about the front one, has any one else done it this way and if so any issues?.
I think you'll find all of us that have installed the BDM with the heaterbox in situ have done it same as yourself. I've had no issues to date, I doubt you should either.
twason wrote:
I have also discovered that the flap that controls air to the back is a bit sticky and in fact won't close completely, I am going to leave it like that as a fix requires the air box to come out. I am hoping the kids can just clse the vents at the back.
I can't remember this exactly - I thought the rear trunking was connected to the floor trunking ducting - the only flaps I know of are the two front ones for the bi level temp (cool face/warm feet). The rear vents get what the floor ducting gets. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one . . . . .

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4307

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

Location: Mornington Peninsula
VIC, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Damn dude, what was your car, originally? lol. Looks like you've done a heap to it.


i reckon by the time he's finished the only thing that will give it away is the colour :D
damn nice car.

 

_________________

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:
Damn dude, what was your car, originally? lol. Looks like you've done a heap to it.


i reckon by the time he's finished the only thing that will give it away is the colour :D
damn nice car.
Thanks John, I prefer that colour anyway.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names