Fordmods Logo

EF Courtesy Lamp stays on. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Courtesy Lamp stays on.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right topic for this issue, but hear goes. I have a EF Fairmont & the courtesy lights don't turn off at all. Last time this happened I took the fuse out a couple of times, checked the earths on the door switches, removed & replaced the acc relay a couple of times & then the light went off. This time nothing has worked. I have read someware that if I remove the fuse or even the bulb, then the car won't start? Any ideas of what it will be or what to look for?
Regards
Tony

Post subject: Re: EF Courtesy Lamp stays on.
Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:42 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Territory TS TDCi

VIC, Australia

Clubman71 wrote:
Hi,
Not sure if this is the right topic for this issue, but hear goes. I have a EF Fairmont & the courtesy lights don't turn off at all. Last time this happened I took the fuse out a couple of times, checked the earths on the door switches, removed & replaced the acc relay a couple of times & then the light went off. This time nothing has worked. I have read someware that if I remove the fuse or even the bulb, then the car won't start? Any ideas of what it will be or what to look for?
Regards
Tony

push the small tab on the light switch all the way down. it might be on the "on" position

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi,
I have already tried all of the basic stuff. I thought that maybe it was a door switch not earthing properly, so I checked all of these & appear ok. When you lock the car with remote the light goes off 95% of the time, & also when you close the doors but not lock the doors the light will go out after the time delay, but 5% of the time it will stay on. To fix it I just take the fuse, etc out & leave it out overnight & the next morning it seems to function properly again for a couple of weeks or so. Would it be possible that the time delay module is dodgy & if so, were is it located.

Thanks for any info.
Regards
Tony

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Time delay I believe is part of the BCM.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el falcon

QLD, Australia

my interior light on my ef wagon did that but i just took the bulb out but wrote it off before i got around to fixing it good luck

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

i had the same trouble in my EL its the BCM/BEM it can be fixed by either removing the BEM from the car for a week or two then plugging back in or if that doesn't work you gotta get another BEM the BEM is located on the drivers side under the dash to get it there is one screw holding it its colour depends on your model mine is green as mine is a fairmont there are blue and red i believe going off memory a major thing to remeber is the BEM is the bem is model pacific like as in yrs so a EF wont work in a EL and vice versa but you can upgrade like a blue to a green series and you will get extra features such as light dulling etc its in technical documents

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]