Fordmods Logo

EF EL Central Locking Actuators 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 159

Joined: 3rd Dec 2004

Ride: NL FAIRLANE

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Hi All,

Could someone tell me if the EF EL Central Locking Actuators are the same for each door.

Everyone i have seen is selling them as Left hand front or left hand rear etc...

But just found one guy selling them brand new who told me they are all the same.

Cheers

Daniel
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

ef007 wrote:
Hi All,

Could someone tell me if the EF EL Central Locking Actuators are the same for each door.

Everyone i have seen is selling them as Left hand front or left hand rear etc...

But just found one guy selling them brand new who told me they are all the same.

Cheers

Daniel



The right hand front door one is different to the other 3 doors. The RH one is the main and controlling one and the other 3 are slave units.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

I thought the front ones each had a different part number, both being a master lock, apart from later models. They are actually shaped differently from memory.

And the rear locks share the same part number as they are shaped the same.

Also keep in mind locks labelled with a 96DA part number are not compatible with previously part numbered locks.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 64

Posts: 3448

Joined: 11th Jan 2009

Ride: BA Falcon XT

Location: Smithfield
NSW, Australia

arm79 wrote:
I thought the front ones each had a different part number, both being a master lock, apart from later models. They are actually shaped differently from memory.

And the rear locks share the same part number as they are shaped the same.

Also keep in mind locks labeled with a 96DA part number are not compatible with previously part numbered locks.


Well, 96DA are the ones to use for early models as well, have fitted a few and they work fine.
You are right, I meant that the front are different to the back and the fronts are the same for both sides. The main difference is the fronts have an extra wire? Correct me if I am wrong.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

Fronts have the extra wire to signal the rest of the doors to open. And my bad, they do have the same part number...

You can use the 96DA masters in early models, but you were supposed to change all the other actuators because these motors were redesigned and could cause the other actuators to not work properly. I think the motor speed was slower and the contacts inside the actuator were shortened... Was all there to stop the bouncing lock syndrome.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF EL Central Locking Actuators
Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:45 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
The main difference is the fronts have an extra wire? Correct me if I am wrong.
arm79 wrote:
Fronts have the extra wire to signal the rest of the doors to open.
Yeah, fronts have an earth wire. The backs operate in the opposite direction as well, e.g. fronts extending, backs retracting, and so on.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:23 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names