Fordmods Logo

EF Trip Comp Trouble 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Mate just go to the wreckers and get another plug, with some wires hanging off(will cost you nothing), then carefully experiment to get a pin out with a bid of wire still attached, and then install the pin and wire into the correct location into your plug(follow the instructions), then solder the wire you have bought to the new plug/wire and again follow the instruction.....do not get confused and do not panic.....most Auto electrics is very simple.

I rewired my whole coupe, including remote central locking, alarm, kill switches(3), rev limiter, shift light, courtesy lights etc etc with no knowledge when I started.....just take your time and follow the directions exactly and you will be sweet!!!!!

And best of all by the end the trip computer will work, and you have learned a new skill :wink:

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

xb-coupe-351 is exactly right.
Take your time and dont panic.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Post subject: EF Trip Comp Trouble
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

No panic here guys, just trying to nut it out. I think that it would be a good idea for this sort of information to be added to the technical Documents section as all of the newbies to this area need a step by step guide of how to do it. I have run the wires, it is now just getting the little loom inserts to finish the job. Appreciate all of your help guys, thankyou.

95 EF Gli, EF XR6 Motor & Comp, Lowered 2", Koni & Kmac Suspension setup, Gold ROH ZS SP Wheels, trip comp, Pioneer Head Unit, speakers & 12 stacker, 2 1/2" Exhaust, Hi Flow Cat Convertor, Extractors.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Will be adding a pic of the beast soon when I work out how to do it!!!!!

95 EF Gli, EF XR6 Motor & Comp, Lowered 2", Koni & Kmac Suspension setup, Gold ROH ZS SP Wheels, trip comp, Pioneer Head Unit, speakers & 12 stacker, 2 1/2" Exhaust, Hi Flow Cat Convertor, Extractors.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: SZ Titanium & ZG Fairlane

SA, Australia

When I got my trip computer I got it with the connector and about 10 cm of wire so that I could just connect up the wires straight to that and it was all good. With the wire to the cluster connector I just pushed it into the hole where it needed to go and taped it to the rest of the loom and it stays there fine.

Just one thing that I don't think is mentioned anywhere here is that the computer doesn't display anything much until you start driving it so don't freak out when you put it in and it reads all zeros. As long as you can see the range figure it is working.

F6 Rspec #139 - Stock Car Racing

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Hi All, Have finally finished the Trip Comp install, all seems to be working well. Thanks to you all for your advice and support. Wasn't the most enjoyable experience, but I have learnt something from it. Cheers guys and keep on keeping on.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2