Fordmods Logo

EL Falcon interior standard extras 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: EL Falcon interior standard extras
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I have a 12/96 EL GLI wagon. It's just a hack for the family but picked it up for a song from a guy who told me the head gasket etc was gone, not so, but I'm picking up a few bits and pieces to make the interior more user friendly and was wondering if Fords have a single wiring harness that was put into all Fords. What I'm trying to wortk out is if I pick up Fairmont or Fairlane "extras" (like a clock, or rear console lamp or front foowell lamps, maybe electric windows in the front etc etc)will there be plugs or wiring in the spots where the little "extras" plug into......Thanx so much for any assistance....Robby

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

WA, Australia

mate i'm pretty sure that you will need extra looms for all of that.

one of the technical guru's will be here in a jiffy to give u more details lol

84 XF Falcon S Pak, 250 crossflow (rebuilt ~5000km ago, carby model), Bored out 30 thou, Crow racing cam, extractors, yokohama 245's all the way round, chrome 12 slotters, lowered, 4spd man, open wheeler (blew my lsd...), Thumping sound system, L.E.D's everywhere

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

A clock will plug straight in. A trip computer will need 3 extra wires.

Climate control will need whole new loom and pretyt much a complete donor car for the evaperators and what not.

Rear console light can be wired form cigeratte lighter in a GLi.

Door trim lights can be done from the cigeratte lighter as well. Just need the lights and surrounds from another car.

Front footwell lights can be wired in from the cigeratte lighter.

Not to sure on power windows, I know you need to change from manual to electric regulator (thing that makes it go up and down) and need to run some wires. There is a doco on here about that though.

Being a wagon any Fairlane interior, whether it be velour or leather seats, will bolt straight in because they are both long wheel base (LWB)vehicles.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
A clock will plug straight in. A trip computer will need 3 extra wires.

Climate control will need whole new loom and pretyt much a complete donor car for the evaperators and what not.

Rear console light can be wired form cigeratte lighter in a GLi.

Door trim lights can be done from the cigeratte lighter as well. Just need the lights and surrounds from another car.

Front footwell lights can be wired in from the cigeratte lighter.

Not to sure on power windows, I know you need to change from manual to electric regulator (thing that makes it go up and down) and need to run some wires. There is a doco on here about that though.

Being a wagon any Fairlane interior, whether it be velour or leather seats, will bolt straight in because they are both long wheel base (LWB)vehicles.
Thanx for the info, I'm a little lost as to how wiring my console lamp to the cig lighter will make it come on when the door opens though?....Robby

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:

do not wire lights to the cig lighter or the lights will be on when the headlights are on and wont work when doors are opend. there is wires behind the cig lighter that you need.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Post subject: Seats
Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Not quite right twirky the fairlane side bolsters will not fit into a wagon at all or sedan either as they are too large. The holes will not quite line up for the split fold down seat either but are easily drilled. You could use existing bolsters and just remove covering and swap from the high series.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:54 am 
Technical Contributor

WA, Australia

millard455 wrote:
twirqurky wrote:

do not wire lights to the cig lighter or the lights will be on when the headlights are on and wont work when doors are opend. there is wires behind the cig lighter that you need.

Meh i was close I knew it was around hte cig lighter. I havent seen behind a Falcon dash in nearly two years, not a bad memory guess.

Quote:
Not quite right twirky the fairlane side bolsters will not fit into a wagon at all or sedan either as they are too large. The holes will not quite line up for the split fold down seat either but are easily drilled. You could use existing bolsters and just remove covering and swap from the high series.

I know swapping Fairlane into sedan wont fit when I put LTD seats in my Futura, I jsut swapped the covers over and used the sedan bolsters. But I am preety sure htey will bolt straight into a LWB sedan, may be wrong.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]