Fordmods Logo

fe ltd dash pod and cluster into 88 xf ute? help! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: fe ltd dash pod and cluster into 88 xf ute? help!
Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford falcon xf gls ute 88

TAS, Australia

hi all, im new on here,
ive purchased a stock standard fe ltd, and im wanting to insert the dash out of it into my xf ute, ive currently got the cluster in but i'd also like to put the complete dash into my ute from the ltd?
what do i need or is it straight forward replacement? i dont care for the trip computer/clock as id like to place my cd player or a uhf in that position. also dont have care for the cruise control as such, everything works in the ltd. Please point me in the right direction, any help would be muchly appreciated,
thanks Spaz

Post subject: Re: fe ltd dash pod and cluster into 88 xf ute? help!
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Futura

TAS, Australia

The instrument cluster should plug straight in, but you'll need to swap the oil switch for an oil sender for the oil gauge to work properly.

As for the whole dash conversion, it shouldn't be too much trouble since you have as many parts as you'll need.

If you don't want to trip computer and diagnostic panel you can just leave it unplugged, not having it won't cause any problems.

If you don't want the cruise control, as the trip computer, it won't matter if you leave the control unit out. But if you do want it you'll also need to install the vacuum actuator, a few wires into the engine bay and a cable to the throttle.

Do you want the climate control either?

If you don't then it'll be a lot easier, but if you do then you will need to swap over the old heater box/heater box controlling mechanisms for the vacuum pack based stuff.

But the top, main looking part, the dash board should be a straight swap. But there's a low of wiring, relays etc. Unfortunately there isn't the convenience of a BCM.

It'll probably be better and easier to swap the complete dash wiring looms over, even if you don't want or use half of the gear.

Hope some of that helps you..

DCII LTD V8 - leather - low k's
1978 XC '1/2' 500 project 302C
BA Futura wagon
P38 Range Rover HSE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]