Fordmods Logo

FG Consoles 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: FG Consoles
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2755

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

has anyone fitted the FG console to their car? i realise i'm missing a coupla parts BUT looks betta than the AU unit...... :roll:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
Hi Guys,

has anyone fitted the FG console to their car? i realise i'm missing a coupla parts BUT looks betta than the AU unit...... :roll:


I wouldn't mind doing the same mod to my EA

From looking at it i would say the gear surround is much different plus air cond pipes underneath for rear passengers ,

I guess we would be best of to use just the lid to replace ours if you have got a "leather" FG console lid i know that is what i am planning to do in the next few days.

But if anyone has any more info i will be watching this thread
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2755

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:

I wouldn't mind doing the same mod to my EA

From looking at it i would say the gear surround is much different plus air cond pipes underneath for rear passengers ,

I guess we would be best of to use just the lid to replace ours if you have got a "leather" FG console lid i know that is what i am planning to do in the next few days.

But if anyone has any more info i will be watching this thread


why use just the lid?? console needs ta move forward a little tho.....


Image

recken work betta than the AU ....... :roll: :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 696

Joined: 10th Oct 2012

Ride: 5 speed XG ute

Location: Adelaide Hills
SA, Australia

Only thing with the FG console, and this is just an opinion, the cupholders are rubbish. Put me drink from mcdonalds in them and she just fell out when i casually went round a corner. Bloody drinks end up tipping everywhere... I am interested in doing this to my XG though... Maybe some modding to the cupholders though haha.

 

_________________

Yep, I don't know what to write here...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

I think the au console is a much better fit, no major re shaping. au have both grey or black and the cup holders are much better...


have a look..
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php ... re+console
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2755

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Beaut XG wrote:
Only thing with the FG console, and this is just an opinion, the cupholders are rubbish. Put me drink from mcdonalds in them and she just fell out when i casually went round a corner. Bloody drinks end up tipping everywhere... I am interested in doing this to my XG though... Maybe some modding to the cupholders though haha.



do ya mean this part?? [missed out on it :( ]

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-FG-XR6-FPV-GT-Manual-Shifter-Surround-/230988167530?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=4S8lizdLeHnkRc4YWlzcFKelGi4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

was also the part which i thort i'd have ta adapt anyway so i didn't botha

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-FG-XR6-FPV-GT-Manual-Shifter-Rubber-Boot-Mount-/230988169445?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=4S8lizdLeHnkRc4YWlzcFKelGi4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

wulda be noice tho :wink: .... just didn't have the $ for it :?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2755

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

Troyman wrote:
I think the au console is a much better fit, no major re shaping. au have both grey or black and the cup holders are much better...


have a look..
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php ... re+console



already have two AU consoles .... the FG came along at same $ .. thort hmmm.... ahh what the hell :roll:

as to stick position ... think the FG is betta :mrgreen:


tried the AU & it seemed to have the stick slightly forward from hole centre?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 696

Joined: 10th Oct 2012

Ride: 5 speed XG ute

Location: Adelaide Hills
SA, Australia

Yeah thats the bit i meant Mad2 (in the first link) those cupholders do everything except hold the damn cup lol. I already have AU console in my XG but like the FG one better (cept the cup holders lol)

 

_________________

Yep, I don't know what to write here...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

I wouldn't mind doing the same mod to my EA

From looking at it i would say the gear surround is much different plus air cond pipes underneath for rear passengers ,

I guess we would be best of to use just the lid to replace ours if you have got a "leather" FG console lid i know that is what i am planning to do in the next few days.

But if anyone has any more info i will be watching this thread


why use just the lid?? console needs ta move forward a little tho.....


Image

recken work betta than the AU ....... :roll: :mrgreen:


hell ya that looks awesome

I got a ute's centre console have you got any more pictures of the install etc ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2755

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:

hell ya that looks awesome

I got a ute's centre console have you got any more pictures of the install etc ?



nah .... havn't actually fitted it lol :roll: :roll: :oops:

it's just sitting on the hump :mrgreen:



Troyman wrote:
I think the au console is a much better fit, no major re shaping. au have both grey or black and the cup holders are much better...


have a look..
lotus wrote:
Here are a couple shots of the console fitted.Still have to make some brackets up but it shows how it looks. Took the short gear lever off my AU XR8 (T3 lever) and fitted it on to see if it was any better than the origional. It's about 50mm shorter and moves closer to the driver.

Image

Still have to remove the rear bolt locations and maybe use the screw locations at the side to make it a bit more secure.Have to connect the rear light as well.



when i fitted mine [AU] i didn't want the console as far up as in this pic
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: FG Consoles
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

So an au console easier then EF/el ?

Also what about shifter mount's for us auto box car guys
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bdl and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names