Fordmods Logo

fg stereo upgrade 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: fg stereo upgrade
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

well i have bought some goodies to upgrade the sound in my g6e. not after competition winning stuff or sound to shake a 16 year old out of her panties, so i went for some alpine sps-610c for the front, some alpine sps 600 for the rear, twin boxed 12 inch pioneer subs, all powered from a pioneer g510m d class amp, and a kenwood kac 8401 amp. most of this was bought off of mates at some good prices :D

so what im wondering from all you stereo buffs, is im guessing the stock icc unit in an fg is not going to have some rca outs, so would i be best off going for something like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALPINE-VEHIC ... 2c619245cb

or

should i just go line level convertors?

im guessing the first item is similar to an lc6 which i have also been suggested to use?

or is there a better way?

Post subject: Re: fg stereo upgrade
Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
well i have bought some goodies to upgrade the sound in my g6e. not after competition winning stuff or sound to shake a 16 year old out of her panties, so i went for some alpine sps-610c for the front, some alpine sps 600 for the rear, twin boxed 12 inch pioneer subs, all powered from a pioneer g510m d class amp, and a kenwood kac 8401 amp. most of this was bought off of mates at some good prices :D
so what im wondering from all you stereo buffs, is im guessing the stock icc unit in an fg is not going to have some rca outs, so would i be best off going for something like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ALPINE-VEHIC ... 2c619245cb
or should i just go line level convertors?
im guessing the first item is similar to an lc6 which i have also been suggested to use?
or is there a better way?

You should try these guys http://www.aslautomedia.com.au/ and see what they have.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

dont fg come with amps? so wouldnt that mean they do have rca out?

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 2009 XR6 FG N/A

QLD, Australia

The FG doesn't have RCA out :( It's a massive pain, but I used line converters to replace all my speakers and get a sub going. It was definitely worth the effort to be able to keep the standard head unit, keeping most of the interior looking fairly standard.
Also there's the added benefit of being able to tune the frequency from the line converter to the sub which gives me the ability to get the sub punching a bassier note without the speakers distorting like they would if I simply turned the bass up on the head unit.

2dads XR6 FG Build

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

2dads wrote:
The FG doesn't have RCA out :( It's a massive pain, but I used line converters to replace all my speakers and get a sub going. It was definitely worth the effort to be able to keep the standard head unit, keeping most of the interior looking fairly standard.
Also there's the added benefit of being able to tune the frequency from the line converter to the sub which gives me the ability to get the sub punching a bassier note without the speakers distorting like they would if I simply turned the bass up on the head unit.

how do line converters work?

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

forgive me for being ignorant on such matters, but doesnt a line level convertor take a feed in of simple speaker feed wires and give you an rca out signal which is then fed to the amp? how does one tune this frequency? how many channels does each line level convertor cover?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]